PDA

View Full Version : Foam gun for maintenance wash question

Circa40
01-04-2013, 08:12 PM
I have the CG foam gun and was wondering if 1oz of soap is a bit much for weekly washes? I get sufficient foam with 1oz of CG Citrus Wash+gloss
I usually spray foam on the car, wait a few minutes, and spray another layer of foam before washing using the 2 wash bucket technique.
I've read where guys are using 2~3oz. Will this strip LSP?

Neothin
01-04-2013, 08:16 PM
enthusiast soaps won't hurt your waxes. I've used many different kinds over the years with no issues, and use the gun for every wash (and at times when I was really anal, i was washing twice a week). I also tend to run higher concentrations of soap in my foam gun.

All in all, I wouldn't be worried about it!

Colinpd137
01-04-2013, 08:19 PM
If your worrying about stripping LSP I would go with a different shampoo, CG Citrus Wash & Gloss is an amazing product for stripping old wax, LSPS, and powerful cleaning ability.

Pick up some "Mr. Pink" from Chemical guys, its perfect for what your asking. Here's a quote from CG:

"MR. PINK is the perfect choice for your weekly maintenance wash. The gentle cleaning power won’t remove wax so you know your car is always protected. Other detailing shampoos are often too strong and will remove your wax. MR. PINK is gentle and surface safe so it can clean any area of your vehicle from wheels to paintwork. The pH-balanced formula even allows you to wash your car or truck in direct sunlight. MR. PINK rinses clean every time with no residue for a clean surface that will grab attention. The high level of foam produced by MR. PINK makes this high-tech detailing shampoo perfect for foam cannons and foam guns."

rmagnus
01-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Another to consider of frequent wshings is CG Honeydew. From their website..

"Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow-Foam is tough on dirt, grime, and environmental contaminants yet gentle on all paint as well as all waxed and sealed surfaces. The pH-neutral formula lifts dirt and grime away from paint where it can be safely rinsed away. Honeydew Snow Foam Car Shampoo is developed to be safe on all vehicle surfaces including paint, rubber, vinyl, glass and plastics. It can also be used on gel coat finishes as well as boats, RV’s and jet skis. Chemical Guys Honeydew Snow for is free of all CFCs and solvents and like all Chemical Guys Soaps, it is fully biodegradable. We developed it with Mother Earth in mind so Honeydew Snow Foam meets all VOC regulations."

Circa40
01-04-2013, 10:01 PM
enthusiast soaps won't hurt your waxes. I've used many different kinds over the years with no issues, and use the gun for every wash (and at times when I was really anal, i was washing twice a week). I also tend to run higher concentrations of soap in my foam gun.

All in all, I wouldn't be worried about it!

If your worrying about stripping LSP I would go with a different shampoo, CG Citrus Wash & Gloss is an amazing product for stripping old wax, LSPS, and powerful cleaning ability.

Pick up some "Mr. Pink" from Chemical guys, its perfect for what your asking. Here's a quote from CG:

Another to consider of frequent wshings is CG Honeydew. From their website..

Thank you for the responses gents. I do have Mr. Bubbles and Honeydew, I'll probably stick with them as far as maintenance washes.

Munich77
01-04-2013, 10:11 PM
I use optimum car wash in my foam gun and as a car wash - I love it.