PDA

View Full Version : Detailers Xtreme Foam

Detailingdoc
01-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Currently for my traditional washes I use Detailer's Pro Xtreme Foam in my Foam gun mixed according to their directions 2 oz to 6-8 oz of water which I prespray. I then use about 3 oz of Duragloss 902 to 4 Gallons of water in bucket and seperate rinse bucket.

The issue I am noticing is that when rinsing the vehicle I notice that the beading is significantly decreased compared with prior to washing. Is the Xtreme foam forumla stripping my LSP? Has anyone else noticed this issue?

I have noticed it with multiple LSPs on my vehicle. The one i currently had on was OCW which had very nice tight beads prior to the wash.

Neothin
01-04-2013, 07:29 PM
I haven't had experience with the soap you mentioned, but i have had experience with soaps that leave a film behind that inhibits beading the next time the car gets wet. Try QD'ing after you wash and see if that tightens up the beads

Nick McKees37
01-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Currently for my traditional washes I use Detailer's Pro Xtreme Foam in my Foam gun mixed according to their directions 2 oz to 6-8 oz of water which I prespray. I then use about 3 oz of Duragloss 902 to 4 Gallons of water in bucket and seperate rinse bucket.

The issue I am noticing is that when rinsing the vehicle I notice that the beading is significantly decreased compared with prior to washing. Is the Xtreme foam forumla stripping my LSP? Has anyone else noticed this issue?

I have noticed it with multiple LSPs on my vehicle. The one i currently had on was OCW which had very nice tight beads prior to the wash.

You're using too much Duragloss shampoo in your wash bucket; try 1 ounce per 4 gallons of water.

Detailingdoc
01-04-2013, 08:33 PM
i figured one of the concentrations was too high but the Duragloss label says to use 1 oz per Gallon

TroyScherer
01-04-2013, 08:39 PM
I agree with Nick. I usually use .5 per gallon or about 2oz per 4-5 gallons.

Also I have seen the DP Xtreme can change the beading if used to strong. Try 1 oz of soap and fill the gun up with warm water. Only using 6-8oz of water is not enough. When mixed to strong any soap will effect your LSP.

Setec Astronomy
01-04-2013, 08:41 PM
You're using too much Duragloss shampoo in your wash bucket; try 1 ounce per 4 gallons of water.

Yow, that's a little weak, Nick...or are you purposely suggesting a weak mix on the DG because of the pre-soak with the DP Extreme Foam? As noted above, DG suggests 1oz/gal, although I usually use .5oz/gal.

Detailingdoc
01-04-2013, 10:45 PM
I agree with Nick. I usually use .5 per gallon or about 2oz per 4-5 gallons.

Also I have seen the DP Xtreme can change the beading if used to strong. Try 1 oz of soap and fill the gun up with warm water. Only using 6-8oz of water is not enough. When mixed to strong any soap will effect your LSP.

I agree that it seems like it is too strong of a dilution but then why is that the recommendation by the manufacturer.
They suggest 2oz per 6-8 oz of water which I then make into a gallon solution and fill my foam gun from there. I actually started with 8oz h20 to 2 oz soap and have even further diluted it from there.

Seems like the recommendations need to be tailed back unless this soap is meant for LSP stripping:confused:

Setec Astronomy
01-04-2013, 10:47 PM
What hole do you have the gun set to? (I presume we're talking Gilmour gun)

Detailingdoc
01-04-2013, 11:04 PM
Yes the Gilmour. I usuallly have it set to the middle hole

Setec Astronomy
01-04-2013, 11:08 PM
It's funny but I must have misread the dilution directions on my Xtreme Foam because I thought it said to use some crazy amount of soap, but I checked my bottle and it says what you did...and if you use 2oz soap to 6oz water and the middle hole on the gun that's 1oz/gal when delivered out of the gun which shouldn't be too too harsh on your LSP.