PDA

View Full Version : correct mixing of CG Citrus Wash & Gloss

Chito
01-04-2013, 09:56 AM
Hi! Just got my gallon of CG CW&G shampoo together with a quart foamaster foam gun and other stuff from AG. The CWG recommends 1 oz in a 5 gallon bucket. I put 1 oz of the CWG in the bucket then fill it up with a strong stream of water. The bucket gets full of suds with only maybe 1 or 2 gallons of water. I sense I am doing something wrong and I think my soap is too strong (maybe strips my LSP?).

Next, using the foam gun: Do I fill up the plastic reservoir first with CWG then add water (which will result in lots of foam but little water) or do I fill up with water first then add 1 oz of CWG? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AG Online

Marc08EX
01-04-2013, 10:39 AM
You need to fill the bucket up with water first before adding the soap. That way you don't get suds with little water but 5 gallons of wash solution.

Andr3wilson
01-04-2013, 11:13 AM
You need to fill the bucket up with water first before adding the soap. That way you don't get suds with little water but 5 gallons of wash solution.

+1

Also be careful with your dillutions of Citrus Wash+Gloss. It is a strong paint cleanser if mixed strong. Paint cleansers remove wax and grease and some paint sealants

Meticulous-Detail
01-04-2013, 02:05 PM
Next, using the foam gun: Do I fill up the plastic reservoir first with CWG then add water (which will result in lots of foam but little water) or do I fill up with water first then add 1 oz of CWG? Thanks in advance.

I only use CWG to strip wax and sealant. When I use CWG in my foam gun I put 2 ounces of CWG and fill the rest up with water, then stir. For maintenance washes I use DG901 and MJS UG.

Chito
01-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I have Optimum Car Wash and Megs NXT car wash, are these "safer" for regular washing? Seems I should use CG CWG only before prepping my car for buffing and waxing.

ihaveacamaro
01-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the feedback! I have Optimum Car Wash and Megs NXT car wash, are these "safer" for regular washing? Seems I should use CG CWG only before prepping my car for buffing and waxing.

Yes they are safer.

However, you can use Chem Guys Citrus Wash N Gloss if you want to for maintenance, just be sure to use 1 oz to 5 gallons.

That's 20% of the strength Chem Guys advises to strip LSP.

Chito
01-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks again?