PDA

View Full Version : First-Timer with the PC 7424XP and Paint Correction

lex-
01-03-2013, 10:17 PM
I am thinking about purchasing a PC 7424XP with Lake Country CCS pads and I'm looking for a little advise for a first timer.
I'm going to purchase the orange, white, gray pads.

I have a 2009 Lexus RX 350. The color is Smoky Granite Mica.
The condition of the paint has light swirl marks and scratches.

Here's my plan of attack for the paint.
1. Wash with Z7 - Zaino Car Wash
2. Clay with Mothers clay bar
3. Menzerna Intensive Polish (PO91E) on a CCS Orange Pad
4. Menzerna Final Finish (PO854) on a CCS White Pad
5. IPA wipedown with Car Pro Eraser
6. Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant on a Gray Pad

For step 6, I was thinking about using Zaino Z-5 PRO with ZFX applied by hand followed by Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray in between (applied 3 times).

However that is a lot of work and I was told that Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant does just as good on step 6.

I believe lexus paint is soft so I was going to do a test spot on the car and use Menzerna Final Finish (PO854) on a CCS White Pad and see if I can get the swirl marks and scratches out first.

If not, I will try the Menzerna Intensive Polish (PO91E) on a CCS Orange Pad and then use Menzerna Final Finish (PO854) on a CCS White Pad.

Are there any problems with my plan?

What speeds on the PC 7424XP should I use for Step 3, 4 and 6?

Does any "griots garage dried on wax remover" permanently removes the dried wax from black bumpers?

Any and all recommendations are very appreciated!

Thanks
Lex-

spiralout462
01-03-2013, 10:52 PM
You got the right idea. Do a test spot! I have never needed an orange pad on my Toyota paint.

lex-
01-03-2013, 11:29 PM
What color pads did you use?

zmcgovern45
01-04-2013, 12:07 AM
I did my smokey granite mica IS250 with M205 and a black pad. Easily removed swirls. I would then use a blue pad for finishing polish if desired (or glaze) followed by sealant with a red pad. I found my paint to be very soft - even the M205 on black pad could create some micro marring. Menzerna PO85RD or CG EZ crime glaze helped to make it perfect. I used to use CG black light and V7 as LSP but have recently switched to 22ple vx1 pro coating.

Colinpd137
01-04-2013, 12:49 AM
in my opinion, get flat pads instead of CCS. my 2c