PDA

View Full Version : Mytee Lite II

Triple Shine
01-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Just picked up my brand spanking new Mytee Lite II. So pumped to get her outta the box and use it for the first time.

No more scrubbing by hand and Shop Vacing it up!!!!!!

Any suggestions on its use or best practices??

Thx

SeaJay's
01-04-2013, 08:47 AM
I have the same machine and it's great. Will take out a lot without even scrubbing.

That being said to ensure I don't have to do 100 passes to get deeper stains out I usually pre-treat the carpets with either OPC 3:1 or Folex and agitate the areas then extract.

Also, the extractor will leave the carpets pretty wet. Make sure to always make several passes with just the vacuum. Then I usually will run the car with the heat on high to let the carpets dry as quickly as possible. Usually in the winter time since it's cold I will use my vapor steamer instead.

Another tip, never turn the pump on until you have the hose hooked up to the pressure valve. Once that pump gets pressure built up it's damn near impossible to get the hose or the crevice tool attached.

RaskyR1
01-04-2013, 11:26 AM
I have the same machine and it's great. Will take out a lot without even scrubbing.

That being said to ensure I don't have to do 100 passes to get deeper stains out I usually pre-treat the carpets with either OPC 3:1 or Folex and agitate the areas then extract.

Also, the extractor will leave the carpets pretty wet. Make sure to always make several passes with just the vacuum. Then I usually will run the car with the heat on high to let the carpets dry as quickly as possible. Usually in the winter time since it's cold I will use my vapor steamer instead.

Another tip, never turn the pump on until you have the hose hooked up to the pressure valve. Once that pump gets pressure built up it's damn near impossible to get the hose or the crevice tool attached.

Agreed! The Mytee does a better job of getting the dirt out but it's not going to remove the need for scrubbing. Vac, pre-treat, scrub, extract...agitation is KEY! :props:

LOL....I made the mistake of turning the pump on before attaching the hose the other day! NOT FUN!!! :D

Andr3wilson
01-04-2013, 12:13 PM
Little thing I found works great. Canadian winters bring extreme cold, and you can buy portable car heaters for around $70

I find to dry up the water quicker, put that little heater in there and run the cord through the window. Overnight the little guy does its job and dries everything out very well.

Pyroil Interior Heater | Canadian Tire (http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/VehicleAccessories/CarHeaters/PRDOVR~0303409P/Pyroil+Interior+Heater.jsp?locale=en)

Make sure you get one that plugs into a 120V and not the cars 12V outlet. You will be labeled as the battery murderer.

RaskyR1
01-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Here is how I dry my interiors....note that I never do an interior job unless I can have the car overnight. :props:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5268/5849295925_9aa733fa6b_o.jpg

Triple Shine
01-04-2013, 01:25 PM
Awesome guys thanks.

Help me out with the vernacular - what's OPC?

Ive bought carpet cleaner and in my previous jobs I just sprayed it on with a spray bottle then agitated and Shop vac'd it out then again with water spray to ensure all the soap was out.

I've seen the Mytee vid where the guy suggested using either just hot water or extractor solution. What's preferred?

Mike Phillips
01-04-2013, 01:38 PM
Practice moving the extraction wand s-l-o-w-l-y over the surface especially when making your dry passes.

Give the vacuum plenty of time to extract the water out of the material.

Also, circulate the water through the tank, (especially on cold days), to pre-heat the hose and the water in the hose so when you first start out you have hot water already coming out.

Empty and rinse out your dirty water holding tank at the end of the day.

Clean the tip on the end of the extraction wand before use, you'll find it will get clogged with minerals and corrosion. Have some thin wire or a brass brush to clean it.

Move the extraction wand slowly to give the water and the dirt you're extracting time to work it's way out of the material...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1446/2BootCamp088.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1446/2BootCamp089.jpg

You can easily see the dirt being extracted out of the upholstery...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1446/2BootCamp090.jpg

Making a follow-up pass shows the dirt has been removed...
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1446/2BootCamp091.jpg

SeaJay's
01-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Just another note. If you live in a cold state do not store it in a non-heated garage. Just had to order a new pump for mine due to it froze. Once thawed out the gaskets were junk. Spitting water every where!

BobbyG
01-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Just another note. If you live in a cold state do not store it in a non-heated garage. Just had to order a new pump for mine due to it froze. Once thawed out the gaskets were junk. Spitting water every where!

Hey Jason,

Sorry to hear that!

Do you use your extractor during the winter months? The reason I ask is when I'm storing my carpet cleaner for the winter I run RV non-toxic antifreeze through it and I never had a problem. It's available everywhere; WalMart, Target, etc....

I winterize my pressure washer in a similar manor but use a product that's designed specifically for it...

Triple Shine
01-04-2013, 03:05 PM
Great advice guys thanks.

What's the norm...extractor soap in the tank or just fresh water?

Or both...making a fresh water pass to get all the soap out??

BobbyG
01-04-2013, 03:14 PM

With the Mytee Lite ll it's really up to you.

You can premix the solution then pour it directly into the tank or simply fill the tank with clean water and use it for a hot water rinse.....PS...that's what I do...:props:

Either way I do rinse it completely after use...

SeaJay's
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Hey Jason,

Sorry to hear that!

Do you use your extractor during the winter months? The reason I ask is when I'm storing my carpet cleaner for the winter I run RV non-toxic antifreeze through it and I never had a problem. It's available everywhere; WalMart, Target, etc....

I winterize my pressure washer in a similar manor but use a product that's designed specifically for it...

I do use it in the winter. I normally store it inside and left it in the garage after a detail. My own fault! But a $150 mistake (new pump) that I will not make again!

Typically I will use just water. Since I'm using a pre-treatment spray and agitation I don't feel the need for a chemical in my extractor.