PDA

View Full Version : Detailing products cabinet organization?

Speardog
01-03-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm about to gut my garage out, paint it and rip the old cabinets out. I'm going to reorganize my tools, fluids, and detailing products. At Sam's club, they have these tall stainless cabinets on casters I was thinking about buying. Anyone have pics of how you store your products?? I'm wanting to set it up in the most sterile environment as possible. I think I will be keeping my high dollar waxes and MF towels inside the house with everything else going in the garage.

Any pics or input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

primo spaghetti
01-03-2013, 09:12 PM
im going to say that plan is going to depend on where you live and the temperature fluctuation in your garage...summer is too hot, winter is too cold etc.

for me, i have to store my stuff in the house most of the year because in Canada, the winter tmps sometimes set in around November December and last until March-April...a little too cold to keep the stuff out in the garage..

Plus the summer we routinely get over 100...IMHO, thats too much heat...so i keep them in the basement.

Jrocket
01-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Looking forward to the info on this topic as well.

Was just starting to organize my garage. then started wondering if my wax, sealants were ok in the garage during the summer ( live in FL )

Bill1234
01-03-2013, 09:59 PM
I keep most of mine in a keter brand rolling car, easier to use when going outside. I have seperate bins for towels and correction pads.

Rallyer222
01-04-2013, 09:33 PM
I was wondering the same thing and came across this thread:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/23275-storage-detailing-supplies.html

Post #5 looks like an awesome setup and I ended up buying that exact cabinet for my detailing stuff. Solid cabinet with some really convenient features.

Hoytman
01-04-2013, 09:40 PM
The cabinets at Sam's Club are bit flimsy for my liking for heavy bottles of products, but they would serve you well for micro-fiber and pad storage.