PDA

View Full Version : 07 Camry V6 Metallic Gray

nkurtz
04-30-2007, 11:33 PM
I bought this car for my wife and it looks pretty darn good. I need some advise on wax and detaling products. I was thinking of getting the forum favorite kit and just go with that. It's a daily driver.

klumzypinoy
05-01-2007, 01:39 AM
One advice that I can give you, and that everyone else on AG would say is, Wash, Clay, Protect. What do you have in your detailing arsenal? :)

nkurtz
05-01-2007, 01:46 AM
don't laugh but I only have a few Meguiar's products like car wash, nxt spray wax and leather cleaner/conditioner from wally world. A few micro fiber towels and scrubbers. I know what to use if i had black blue or red paint but can't find any threads for Metallic Gray paint. I also have a small golf ball size blemish on my hood that looks like very fine scratches in the clear coat that I need to somehow get out.

klumzypinoy
05-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Meguiar's is a good OTC (over the counter) line. It's nothing to laugh at :). As long as you have something protecting your paint, it will do! If you want to get blemishes out of your paint, you have to go for the Porter Cable 7424. Autogeek has nice kits that come with polishes and compounds and pads. You should buy an OTC clay bar. Some say Mother's, some say Meguiar's, and some say CLay Magic. Any will do.
Detailing Facts and Tips: How-to Guides from the Car Care Experts at AutoGeek (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html) Here is a great place to start off on reading up on tips and techniques. Start off by checking out the Proper Washing and Drying Techniques.

tod071
05-01-2007, 02:15 AM
If you plan to maintain it yourself and get into the pc, pads, different polishes, etc, go for it! If not, hire a pro detailer to work the blemish out, clay and clean it up for you, then products like Zaino to maintain it.

That's what I did for all my new cars, until I got the itch to try it and spent well over $1k on my pc, pads, and everything else.

budman3
05-01-2007, 09:47 AM
Whatever you get, make sure you pick up some Optimum Car Wax ... IMO it looks best on silver. You can use this on top of any sealant or wax and it'll make the finish look great.