PDA

View Full Version : Which ironx do you recommend

ediddy
01-03-2013, 10:45 AM
Was going to order ironx and see there is paste, ironx remover and soap gel. Which is the best?
Thanks,

RhetoricMixes
01-03-2013, 11:15 AM
All depends on what you want to do. The paste is great for wheels and for paint. The spray is good for paint but odesnt cling well for wheels (from what ive read) and the soap gel is supposed to be used in a foam cannon (i think).

Andr3wilson
01-03-2013, 11:28 AM
I paste is good for heavy build up on wheels.

ediddy
01-03-2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am going to use iron x on the paint before I clay and wax.

Andr3wilson
01-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the replies. I am going to use iron x on the paint before I clay and wax.

I have heard some people use it as a clay lube actually. Two steps into one. Although I have never tried it myself (cant stand the smell of it), it may be worth a shot

A-train
01-03-2013, 01:24 PM
For just general use I would get reg iron -x. The paste is good but not for total car application and I just don't care for the soap gel.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

mwoolfso
01-03-2013, 01:25 PM

Get the IronX spray. When you need to reorder, assuming you take good care of the paint you won't need a huge decontamination step like the first pass. You may be able to replace the spray with the soap. The soap is not as concentrated; hence it will work better after your first major decontamination.