PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Wheel Cleaner, and Black Diamond tire gel

Pages : [1] 2

supercharged
05-23-2006, 07:44 PM
I want to try both of these products - Wolfgang Wheel Cleaner, and Black Diamond tire gel. Anyone tried 'em? Different form Pinnacle and DP? Smell?:confused:
Thanks in advance.

joe.p
05-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I seen a pic of the tire gel on another forum. From what i can see from the pics it looked to be a nice product. others who posted and used the WG tire gel had positve replys also..

ScottB
05-24-2006, 05:48 PM
I liked them, but found them similar enough to Pinnacle that I went back. I really love the Pinnacle Onyx Gel . I am just getting to use the DP versions, and found the cleaner needs a little more scrubbing. The protectant looks very glossy on the wifes new truck.

Surfer
05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
How is durability? I have Megs Insane Tire Shine spray right now. I was thinking about Meg's Engurance High Gloss Gel as I keep reading that it will last for a couple weeks and doesn't attract a lot of dirt/dust etc. But then I read a few other comments saying the wheel ended up caked with dust. but could be b/c they didn't let it dry all the way.

I like the Insane Shine, but don't really care for the aerosol spraying.

Meghan
05-25-2006, 09:29 AM
How is durability? I have Megs Insane Tire Shine spray right now. I was thinking about Meg's Engurance High Gloss Gel as I keep reading that it will last for a couple weeks and doesn't attract a lot of dirt/dust etc. But then I read a few other comments saying the wheel ended up caked with dust. but could be b/c they didn't let it dry all the way.

I like the Insane Shine, but don't really care for the aerosol spraying.
Surfer you are right about the aerosol spray, seems to get more on the vehicle, ground and where ever else but not the tires. Like Pinnacle Gel, lasts a long time!

Surfer
05-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Surfer you are right about the aerosol spray, seems to get more on the vehicle, ground and where ever else but not the tires. Like Pinnacle Gel, lasts a long time!Yeh, learned that lesson. Finished up the truck in the garage, some of the spray musta gotten on the floor b/c it's slippery now lol. My dogs a lunatic and was running around like crazy the other day, flew into the garage and couldn't stop, heard a "THUMP" :D . I almost slipped a few times as well lol.

The Insane Shine works good, but kinda hard to get an eeven coating w/o holding the can all the way around at the same angle and distance from the tire. You guys don't carry Meg's High Gloss Endurance Gel right (think you have just the matte finish)?

ScottB
06-16-2006, 09:42 PM
Yeh, learned that lesson. Finished up the truck in the garage, some of the spray musta gotten on the floor b/c it's slippery now lol. My dogs a lunatic and was running around like crazy the other day, flew into the garage and couldn't stop, heard a "THUMP" :D . I almost slipped a few times as well lol.

The Insane Shine works good, but kinda hard to get an eeven coating w/o holding the can all the way around at the same angle and distance from the tire. You guys don't carry Meg's High Gloss Endurance Gel right (think you have just the matte finish)?

If you want a matte surface look to 303 protectant or Poorboys Natural Look dressing. Not much in gels that are not bold and bright.

Meghan
06-17-2006, 12:36 PM
Yeh, learned that lesson. Finished up the truck in the garage, some of the spray musta gotten on the floor b/c it's slippery now lol. My dogs a lunatic and was running around like crazy the other day, flew into the garage and couldn't stop, heard a "THUMP" :D . I almost slipped a few times as well lol.

No we carry both.

FloridaNative
06-26-2006, 07:10 AM
I bought some High Endurance Gel to try it out. I used it on my car like a day before I was to leave to come back home. The look is nice when applied, but I drove through two rainstorms and when I got home there was nothing left on the tires. They look clean, but just naked.

MikeyC
06-26-2006, 09:49 AM
I bought some High Endurance Gel to try it out. I used it on my car like a day before I was to leave to come back home. The look is nice when applied, but I drove through two rainstorms and when I got home there was nothing left on the tires. They look clean, but just naked.

That's surprising. I use the Megs Endurance High Gloss Gel and it seems to stay on forever. In fact it's been raining here quite a bit the last two months. I didn't drive my car for a couple of days and when I went to take it out I noticed one of the wheels was partially submerged in a deep puddle. I pulled the car out and looked at the tire and it was still very glossy after soaking for two days.

Gary Sword
11-28-2006, 07:56 PM
I want to try both of these products - Wolfgang Wheel Cleaner, and Black Diamond tire gel. Anyone tried 'em? Different form Pinnacle and DP? Smell?:confused:
Thanks in advance.

I have used Wolfgang Black Tire Gel for a couple of months now. It leaves a nice natural semigloss new tire finish. I hate products that make the tires to shiney. The product stays on the tires and does not get on your car like a lot of other tire products.

Gary

kring
11-29-2006, 07:54 AM
I use the Wolfgang cleaner and tire gel, love them both, best I've ever used, the gel is just right, it makes the tire jet black but it doesn't look gooey or slicked. I have never tried pinnacle.

wytstang
11-29-2006, 10:32 AM
Heres WG BDTG
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/Tires/DlackDiamondtiregel004Medium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/Tires/DlackDiamondtiregel002Medium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/Tires/DlackDiamondtiregel005Medium.jpg
It has already faced and over came one rain storm (not sure how hard it rained or how long as I woke up to a wet everything) and it still looks exactly the same. After the first application it sat for an hour and then I left for work. Zero sling and dry to the touch I'm loving it, it's replacing BnB for me.

Reddwarf
12-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Looks good Wytstang! Keep us posted on how well it holds up. I've been using the DP tire gel and sometimes the Armor all. From your post it looks like Wolfgang deserves a try.

Meghan
12-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Looks good Wytstang! Keep us posted on how well it holds up. I've been using the DP tire gel and sometimes the Armor all. From your post it looks like Wolfgang deserves a try.
WG products are all superior quality, you really cannot go wrong with them.