PDA

View Full Version : Quick question re Buick enclave

Success
12-31-2012, 10:21 AM
My wife's new car. I am gonna coat it with cquartz today. The paint is in great shape but I know with these coatings the outcome is all in the prep. So I think I want to do a quick polish just to make sure it shines under that cquartz. I have m205 and BF total polish and seal. I'm leaning toward 205 on a white hybrid pad. Or I could go buy some ult polish OTC for something light. What do yall think? anyone ever worked on this paint before?

tuscarora dave
12-31-2012, 10:34 AM
I'd go with the 205. You won't want to use something that contains a sealant because you'll just need to remove it anyway before applying your coating. The 205 should gloss things up much nicer than what they were from the factory, but keep in mind that 205 is a very oily polish so you'll want to rewash the car using either double the amount of car wash concentrate or add an ounce of APC or degreaser to your standard wash bucket mixture to effectively remove the polishing oils before doing your alcohol prep wipedown.

Success
12-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Ok Dave thanks for the advice. I was gonna do an ipa wipe down. Thanks for heads up about the rewash with apc.