PDA

View Full Version : BFMS on dark blue metallic paint?

otruba_843
12-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Thinking about placing an order on some BFWD sealant along with midnight sun. Is this a good combo to get the metallic to pop on my dark blue metallic car?

mwoolfso
12-30-2012, 06:54 PM
It'll work for sure.

MarkD51
12-30-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi All,
I've seen a quite numerous amount of similar threads like yours, asking about what product will make various finishes "pop"?

Now I'm taking an educated guess here, and perhaps Mike P should stop in, and further comment why this might be so, and why one particular great product might seem more effective in any given instance, versus another great product.

I'll assume for the record, we're all talking about LSPs, right?

So, my thoughts are, why would one particular wax-sealant make metallic, pearls, blacks, whites look better, and pop?

I would suspect one reason would be, is the cleaning actions in such products, how effective they would be at eliminating a possible haze, or cloudiness in the top clear coat. Just like buffing will exfoliate the paint, removing "dead layers", and expose the true original beauty of the paint.

Most of your finest waxes, and sealants too usually profess to have no cleaners, no abrasives per se.

But truly, is that the case? Are certain chemicals in the mix formula more effective at dealing with certain existing flaws and crud in-on the paint? Contaminants, films, oxidation, swirls, they come along and clean, remove, fill, give better reflectivity, and clarity?

I truly think so.

We all maybe look for a simple solution at times, I know I do, where I can find a singular product, that will come along, and do many things at once.
Lay down shine, correction, protection.

Is the answer an AIO? Maybe?

Either that, or a cleanser-glaze to be used first. Then I would assume the differences between many protectants would have less influence on the final finish. Mark

07gtcs
12-31-2012, 11:48 AM
Blackfire products are great on Vista Blue Mustang, so are the pinnacle products I've tried.

Bunky
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
I sure liked BFMS on my dark blue metallic MKZ.