PDA

View Full Version : Garage keepers insurance

Crazy Diamond
12-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Was wondering what the average price of grarge insurance is and also was the the best policy. To check intoFeed back please

FRC Z51
12-29-2012, 05:15 PM
There are too many variables to answer your question with any information that will be useful. That's like asking someone the "average price of car insurance". You can ask it, but what will those numbers really tell you? Nothing if you don't understand what the coverage covers or what's insured...

If you're in the beginning stages of researching insurance, educate yourself on what types/values of coverage you'd be wanting/needing and ask questions based of that.

Crazy Diamond
12-29-2012, 05:21 PM
Good advice thank you you I will research it more.

rustytruck
12-29-2012, 07:51 PM
I pay like $860 year. Maybe that will help if your looking for a ballpark price.

tkendrick
12-29-2012, 08:54 PM
Was wondering what the average price of grarge insurance is and also was the the best policy. To check intoFeed back please
Crazy Diamond,

I happen to be a property and casualty agent in Texas. Clearly, you haven't provided enough information to give specific advice, however I can maybe give you some general advice.

First, find an independent agent in your area. Call and ask if you could come in and talk about your business. Be prepared to give detailed information about your business plans.(ie: what is the scope of your work, type of vehicles you work on, where you work on them, equipment used, do you keep them overnight...you get the idea)

You should look at your meeting as an interview. Your agent should explain what coverages you need and why, provide multiply quotes and answer all of your questions. You should look to him as a business asset. Your hiring him and he's not doing you a favor to give you a quote.

Garage Keepers may or may not suit your needs depending on business activities. You may want to consider your liability exposure, equipment values, are you mobile (requiring commercial coverages), do you do work on commercial property.

Without exploring all of these variables and others it is impossible to know what coverages may or may not be needed.

Hope this helps.

Crazy Diamond
12-29-2012, 09:07 PM
Thank you for the info, nice of you to take the time and send me that info.

thebamboo23
12-29-2012, 09:07 PM
great info ^