PDA

View Full Version : DP Premium Surface Shield or Klasse High Gloss Sealant

YUNVme
04-30-2007, 02:31 PM
I am thinking about sealing my car. It is not a daily driver and is a darker blue. What are the major differences between the two sealants? The Klasse sounds like it may be a harder shell than the DP, this appeals to me for the protection against small rock chipping. The DP sounds like it might yield a better look but is not as hard. What are your recommendations or opinions?

Thanks

Don

HighEndDetail
04-30-2007, 02:51 PM
The Klasse sounds like it may be a harder shell than the DP, this appeals to me for the protection against small rock chipping. The DP sounds like it might yield a better look but is not as hard. What are your recommendations or opinions?

Thanks

Don

Niether one will protect againts rock chips. I have the DPSS on my ride, and I like the look of it. And it is holding up very well.

Surfer
04-30-2007, 03:24 PM
You could have 10 layers of sealant and wax on and still won't do diddly for rock chips. DP I haven't used but postive will look better then Klasse SG looking at pictures. SG is extremely durable (long lasting) but quite blah looking (sterile).

Poorboys EX-P, DP Shield, WG, Duragloss 105 etc are excellent looking sealants. May as well look into those since none will do anything against rock chips, might as well have a better looking one.

FloridaNative
04-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Klasse wins hands down for longevity, but the DP looks soooo much nicer. :)

Jimmie
04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Niether one will protect againts rock chips. I have the DPSS on my ride, and I like the look of it. And it is holding up very well.

:iagree: with Ed. I've used them both. DPSS is closer to the look of a carnauba. Klasse is clear, bright, and plastic looking. Both look good. If your going to top it with a wax I'd go Klasse. If not DPSS. DPSS is a "good bang for the buck".

supercharged
04-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Klasse wins hands down for longevity, but the DP looks soooo much nicer. :)
:iagree: :iagree:

ScottB
04-30-2007, 05:54 PM
Klasse is finicky but bulletproof from contaminents ... DP is much easier to use, and looks glossier, but wont last near as long. Choices !

darksparkz
04-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Is XMT Glaze better then DPSS?

I've used both Klasse SG and XMT Glaze. XMT Glaze is easier to apply and feels more smooth and looks better. But I usually apply Klasse SG during the winter months since it's durability is one of the best. Using Klasse AIO and Klasse SG on can probably give you up to 6 months of strong protection.

FloridaNative
04-30-2007, 07:05 PM
Is XMT Glaze better then DPSS?

I've used both Klasse SG and XMT Glaze. XMT Glaze is easier to apply and feels more smooth and looks better. But I usually apply Klasse SG during the winter months since it's durability is one of the best. Using Klasse AIO and Klasse SG on can probably give you up to 6 months of strong protection.

Although the Klasse Sealant Glaze employs the term "glaze", it's actually a sealant and not a true glaze. XMT on the other hand is a true glaze which wets the paints and hides blemishes, but it doesn't offer protection and therefore needs to be topped with a wax.

The DP, like Klasse, is a paint sealant, and yes the DP is easier to apply than the Klasse. The durablility is not as long, but what it lacks in durablility it makes up for in looks. :) I hope this helps you. :)

YUNVme
05-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks for all the input. I know nothing will really protect against rock chips. I was making reference to its strength. Some protection is better than no protection. My ride is not a daily driver so both should last me longer than expected. I will however be topping it with Souveran Paste. I still have two jars left and love the look on Sonic Blue. I am still up in the air because I do see a lot of bugs on the way home from a cruise-in or car show. Thanks again everyone. This forum is the best and Autogeek Rocks!!!!!!

Don