PDA

View Full Version : List of Products MADE IN USA ???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

adrynalinjunkie
12-28-2012, 05:31 PM
I was good friends with allot of guys that worked at the Vise Grip Factory in Dewitt NE.

When Erwin tools bought the Vise Grip name in 2004 they moved the manufacturing to China and all my friends lost their jobs.

If you have ever been laid off from a good job you know how devastating it is.

I will buy Chinese stuff if I have to, but I can tell you I hate seeing that "Made in China" on my tools polisher, pads, etc...

I get a smile and feel GOOD as a proud American whenever I open and use any product ANYTHING and it says "Made in USA"

I will pay more for quality AND I will pay more for stuff manufactured in the country I am loyal to.

Please list any products you use that are "Made in USA" like Pinnacle and Lake Country, etc.... I know there are still SOME products still made by us, right?

CM8 6MT
12-28-2012, 06:19 PM
You might be willing to pay more for stuff "made in the usa" but u.s companies dont share your view when it comes to paying their employees.

Griots Garage used to be American made, now their made in good old china. Still quality products none the less.

camaro2ssblack
12-28-2012, 06:29 PM
You should try Adams. Most of their stuff is made in the USA and they don't mind passing along the premium with it! ;)

CM8 6MT
12-28-2012, 06:31 PM
You should try Adams. Most of their stuff is made in the USA and they don't mind passing along the premium with it! ;)

Haha!!

CM8 6MT
12-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Meguiars pads & chemicals are U.S made. Raw materials come from other countries but from what I know they are created in Irvine CA. Their polishers and backing plates however are not U.S made.

rustytruck
12-28-2012, 06:47 PM
My Cyclo polisher is made in the USA.

Circa40
12-28-2012, 06:54 PM
My Metro air blower is made in the us :)

BobbyG
12-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Buy American isn't as easy as you might think...

I grew up in a time where Made in the USA wasn't merely a slogan, it was something that businesses and the American workers took seriously and were very proud of. Patriotism was more than thanking a veteran, it was a loyalty to this country and our way of life.

Manufacturing is critically important to the American economy. For generations, the strength of our country rested on the power of our factory floors. Manufacturing is woven into the structure of our economy, its importance goes far beyond what happens behind the factory gates. The strength or weakness of American manufacturing carries implications for the entire economy, our national security, and the well-being of all Americans.

NAFTA was the knife that stabbed every red blooded American in the back then slit his throat. Our elected politicians crafted the necessary documents then passed them into law which allowed companies to abandon the American worker taking advantage of lower labor and virtually no environmental ramifications....OH, and many payed little or no taxes for long periods of time...

NAFTA was created in 1994 under the guise of “free trade,” an agreement whose purpose was to remove trade barriers between Mexico, Canada and the United States. The result was nothing short of a disaster for both the United States and Mexico.

NAFTA opened up Mexico’s borders to U.S. businesses. What used to be an $18 per hour manufacturing job in America became a $3 per hour job in Mexico. No manufacturer wishing to remain competitive in America could possibly pay $18-20 per hour here when the same product can be produced right across the border in Mexico for just $3 per hour and then shipped back to the U.S. free of charge.

America’s current problem with immigration is a direct byproduct of NAFTA. The amount of immigrants entering the U.S. illegally has more than tripled since 1993, rising from less than four million to over 12 million. Furthermore, since the implementation of NAFTA 300,000 farms have gone out of business and average wages have dropped 13 percent.

Before NAFTA was signed the United States actually traded at a surplus with Mexico. By 2007, a year before the financial collapse, that balance had more than reversed, it had completely imploded. A mere 14 years after signing NAFTA, a small surplus turned into a $91 billion deficit. Factor in Canada and our deficit sat at $191 billion.

When we discuss buying American made products the first thing that comes to my mind is cars and trucks, so lets take a look at where they're actually made...

Toyota manufacturing plants in the United States have produced the Toyota Avalon, the Toyota Camry (http://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/toyota-camry-still-a-top-seller-despite-safety-recalls), the Toyota Camry Hybrid, the Toyota Corolla, the Toyota Sequoia, the Toyota Sienna, the Toyota Solara, the Toyota Tacoma and the Toyota Tundra.

Hyundai has also opened locations in the United States and around the world. Its manufacturing plant in Montgomery, Alabama produces the Hyundai Genesis, Elantra, Sonata and Santa Fe.

Nissan North America's Smyrna and Canton facilities are tasked with the bulk of production of Nissan's passenger sedans and SUV models. These models include everything from the Altima and Maxima sedans, to the remainder of Nissan's Truck and SUV lines which include the Titan, Frontier, Armada and Xterra. In addition to these, the Nissan Quest mini-van is also manufactured in the Canton Mississippi plant.

Ford’s Fusion, Fiesta, and Lincoln (http://autos.aol.com/lincoln/) MKZ models are built in Mexico, while the Edge, Flex, Lincoln MKX, and Lincoln MKT are built in Canada.

GM vehicles assembled in Canada include Chevrolet's (http://autos.aol.com/chevrolet/) Camaro, Equinox and Impala and the GMC Terrain, while vehicles built in Mexico include Cadillac's (http://autos.aol.com/cadillac/) SRX and Escalade EXT, Chevrolet's Aveo, HHR, Silverado, and GMC's Sierra.

And alas, even the venerable Corvette is full of parts produced in China and who know where else....:dunno:

CM8 6MT
12-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Thats unfortunate that the American iconic Corvette has fallen to foreign made parts. Well, its the world we live in today :/

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-28-2012, 08:22 PM
It has become so hard to truly find anything made in the good ol U.S. of A. anymore.

BobbyG
12-28-2012, 08:25 PM
It has become so hard to truly find anything made in the good ol U.S. of A. anymore.

Welcome to our global economy....:bash:

CM8 6MT
12-28-2012, 08:26 PM

Agree

OMRebel
12-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Griots Garage used to be American made, now their made in good old china. Still quality products none the less.

My GG products still say Made in USA... except for polisher.

I prefer made in America products, but the quality has to be there. I won't buy USA just to buy it.

Bill1234
12-28-2012, 09:07 PM
someone here likes to support the usa made economy, GOOD JOB!!!!!

Here are products made in the usa
Some carharrt outerwear-also union made

no netz bathing suits

most chemicals for cars

Write dudes pencils
pilot recycled plastic bottle pens
all american clothing co products
Logger head tools
yankee candles
white lotus bedding
channel lock tools -not really made in usa as some are made in spain

For an item to be considered usa made, it has to have all the componenets made in usa

made in usa with global componenets is not made in usa

BobbyG
12-28-2012, 09:16 PM
someone here likes to support the USA made economy, GOOD JOB!!!!!

For an item to be considered usa made, it has to have all the componenets made in usa

made in USA with global components is not made in USA

:iagree: Absolutely!!