PDA

View Full Version : Griots Pads vs. Lake Country Flat Pads

1953hogan
12-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Help for a newbie please,

I'm spent all my time reading here lately and have made 3 orders to AG since October. Recently was able to acquire a GG 6" DA polisher in great used condition. It also came with several GG orange polishing pads and several GG red finishing pads.

As far as cut is concerned, where does the GG orange pad fall into the Lake Country Flat Pad line? Which LC flat pad would the GG orange compare to?

Thanks very much,

Steve

cardaddy
12-27-2012, 11:01 PM
I would say the GG orange is similar to the LC yellow-ish and maybe between it and the white-ish.

1953hogan
12-27-2012, 11:04 PM
I would say the GG orange is similar to the LC yellow-ish and maybe between it and the white-ish.

Thanks very much! Does anybody else have an opinion?

rwright
12-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Just my opinion but I feel it's between the orange cutting and white polishing pad. I wouldn't put it near the yellow by any means. Again, just my opinion. I have used the orange Griot's with both M105 and M205 and it finishes well. Pretty close to the LC tangerine hydro tech now that I think about it.

CM8 6MT
12-28-2012, 12:51 AM
^^^ Agree

Ever thought of trying out Megs pads as an alternative?

1953hogan
12-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks to all posters! This is just what I was looking for.

Best,

Steve

Mike Phillips
12-28-2012, 09:32 AM
I would say it's similar to the white polishing pad in the LC flat pad line.

It could be between the orange and white pads, never paid that much attention. I like the thinness of the Griot's pads and the size is okay, 5.5" diameter seems to be optimum for PC style tools though and thin is in...

I included the link to the below thread in your other thread but here it is again, point being down the road I would recommend getting a 5" backing plate and switching over th 5.5" pads from LC because you have more options.

5 inch Backing Plates on Meguiar's, Griot's and Porter Cable DA Polishers (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/48668-5-inch-backing-plates-meguiar-s-griot-s-porter-cable-da-polishers.html)

:)

1953hogan
12-28-2012, 04:13 PM
Thanks, Mike for replying to both of my threads. Much appreciated.

Steve