PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique + Cold Weather

DiPaoro
12-27-2012, 06:33 PM
I received my leatherique combo today and wondering if can proceed with the leather cleaning in a 50 degree garage.

The seats are pretty clean but I want to do at least one of the steps now.

So what are the thoughts on performing both or just the final step on the leather seats.

Crazy Diamond
12-27-2012, 07:09 PM
I use Leatherique for the leather in my a4 Audi, it works awesome but I also live in Florida so I am able to park the car in the sun with the windows rolled up for 8 hrs , I had amazing results. It is by far the best stuff I have ever used, but I also believe the heat of the sun plays a big part of the results.

TroyScherer
12-27-2012, 07:50 PM
In my experience the leatherique twins work best in warmer temps. I like doing it in the summer and parking the vehicle out in the sun for 6-8 hours. And the warmer the better. (75-90). This really helps the rejuvenator work its best.

If you really want to do it now I would let it one a minimum of overnight and I would suggest using a heat gun to help warm up the seats and to aid in working the product in.

POPPAJ
12-28-2012, 05:53 AM
Wait for warmer weather to get the best out of the product.

DiPaoro
12-28-2012, 08:18 AM
Sounds like best to wait and do this right in the warm weather.

DiPaoro
12-29-2012, 01:49 PM
I decided to try the second step of the product on my Porsche black leather seats today. The seats were relatively clean. However, I am very pleased with the product and way better than the Lexol used before.

Very happy so far but look forward to the completed process in the Spring.

TroyScherer
12-29-2012, 03:11 PM
I decided to try the second step of the product on my Porsche black leather seats today. The seats were relatively clean. However, I am very pleased with the product and way better than the Lexol used before.

Very happy so far but look forward to the completed process in the Spring.

Just a note.

Although the first part of the combo is called Rejuvenator Oil, if you read the description and it is also my experience that it it the real cleaning agent of the combo. The Prestine Clean does a good job of cleaning the surface stuff, but the Rejuvenator does the deep down dirty work.

RMM
12-29-2012, 06:53 PM
In my experience the leatherique twins work best in warmer temps. I like doing it in the summer and parking the vehicle out in the sun for 6-8 hours. And the warmer the better. (75-90). This really helps the rejuvenator work its best.

If you really want to do it now I would let it one a minimum of overnight and I would suggest using a heat gun to help warm up the seats and to aid in working the product in.

:iagree:

But I always tend to leave the Rejuvenator on at least 24 hours.

Just a note.

Although the first part of the combo is called Rejuvenator Oil, if you read the description and it is also my experience that it it the real cleaning agent of the combo. The Prestine Clean does a good job of cleaning the surface stuff, but the Rejuvenator does the deep down dirty work.

Yup: the names are counterintuitive!

It's a messy process, to say the least...

DiPaoro
12-29-2012, 07:12 PM
I used the Prestine Clean for now.... very happy with it....

Rsurfer
12-29-2012, 08:32 PM
I used the Prestine Clean for now.... very happy with it....
If your seats are in good condition, Prestine Clean is all you need..it does leave some protection.

DiPaoro
01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
So I had new jeans on the other day and it was raining. So you guessed it, my light color seats turned an interesting shade of light blue. I took out my Leatherique and within two minutes problem solved.

Thanks everyone for pointing me in this direction. Know that I tried my free Pinnacle Leather sample and this stuff was just okay at best.

GS2011
01-13-2013, 03:33 PM
If I remember correctly, there is something on Leatherique's website about using a hair dryer if the weather is not suitable.

DiPaoro
01-13-2013, 03:53 PM
I do plan to use the full set of products (step 1 + 2) in the summer but for now, I love this stuff.

MPBGT
01-27-2013, 12:02 PM
This is probably a old discussion at this point, but I just used the leatheriqe kit for the first time on some severely neglected tan leather seats in a Expedition. I live in a cold weather climate so I had the car in the garage and used a space heater with a thermostat to keep it warm in the car for a 24 hour period. I actually used did the oil step twice. The results were pretty good. I'm probably going to wait until it is warm out and go for another round.