PDA

View Full Version : What's the best product for wax removal

Crazy Diamond
12-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Need some feedback on a product that is a time saver and easy to use to remove all wax down to the clear coat , I have used Finish Kare soil and coating remove but the smell is terrible and it's time consuming .

ScottB
12-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Griots makes a spray product ... obviously polishing or a paint cleanser will work also.

Crazy Diamond
12-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Great thank you, just looking to save a little time.

A-train
12-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Dawn dish detergent,Chemical Guys citrus wash and clear (at the proper dilution. ) You could also use OPC in a foam cannon soap to help strip wax or my personal favorite 1z w99.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

AeroCleanse
12-27-2012, 05:50 PM
GTech Panel Wipe, or any pre-paint degreaser would. If you find a local place that sells paint for professional car painting they will have it.

BobbyG
12-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Need some feedback on a product that is a time saver and easy to use to remove all wax down to the clear coat , I have used Finish Kare soil and coating remove but the smell is terrible and it's time consuming .

What's the reason behind this need?

Wash with your favorite wash.
Clay to remove embedded particles and grime. This will also remove any left over sealants and waxes.
Polish or Paint Cleaner...

Crazy Diamond
12-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Was just curious, and looking to save a little time if possible .

BobbyG
12-27-2012, 06:32 PM
The reason I ask is if you intend to remove the paint protection I'm wondering why and what are your long term plans for finish protection?

To save a little time to do what?

Crazy Diamond
12-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Save a little time doing a quick detail on parents car. I've done the dawn wash thing before for quick wax removal process, works great. If it was a car like my Audi or Toyota and I wanted to spend sometime with it, then
I would do the Wolfgang process as I always do. :)

Crazy Diamond
12-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Sorry missed the first part of ur question, just want to throw a fresh coat of sealant on it, it's just a old dodge dart that's lived outside forever and a day, old farm car, you know the kind I'm talking about lol