PDA

View Full Version : What do you use on white car?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Grifftech
12-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Just traded in my Kona Blue Mustang for a 2013 Oxford White Focus. And I am trying to decided what is best sealant/wax combo for white. I realize getting that deep wet gloss I had on the blue is gone but I was wondering what might work best on white or does it really matter?

Thanks,
Chris

Jrocket
12-26-2012, 10:40 AM
I Just Purchased Menzerna Powerlock Sealant and DoDo Juice Light Fantastic for my wax and Chemcial Guys Hybrid V7 spray sealant to top it off with for my 2013 white Subaru.

I Was told this is a pretty good combo for white.

But it seems as if there are so many great products It just starts to become a personal choice.

There were a few other combos I considered but for the $$ I thought this was a great choice.

Now Im just trying to figure out IF I should use any Glazes or anything before applying and if It makes a difference on White Paint.

Hope you get some great replies :xyxthumbs:

Grifftech
12-26-2012, 10:47 AM
I have a decent selection to choose from so I will just try different combos :) I have Blackfire Sealant, CG JetSeal, Wolfgang Deep Gloos Sealant, V7, Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax, Dodo's Limited Edition Caranuba Egg wax and Wolfgang Fuzion. I just hate that it is cold out and really want to do a nice detail on the car.

mwoolfso
12-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Just traded in my Kona Blue Mustang for a 2013 Oxford White Focus. And I am trying to decided what is best sealant/wax combo for white. I realize getting that deep wet gloss I had on the blue is gone but I was wondering what might work best on white or does it really matter?

Thanks,
Chris

BFWD & 845 make a good combination.

Meticulous-Detail
12-26-2012, 01:10 PM

Thanks,
Chris

DG 501 works really well on white, then top with 845.

Rockeey
12-26-2012, 01:48 PM
My wife drives a white Town & Country van. I can get it glowing pretty good with 2-3 coats of Megs #5 glaze. Personally, just my opinion, you can get white looking deep and wet with good surface prep and a quality wax but a glaze seems to be the only way I can get it to pop.

I just ordered a glaze that seems to be getting rave reviews for its gloss enhancement but I don't believe it is sold on AG so I can't mention the name. Anxious to get it, though, so I can try it.

The alternative might be to splurge a little and purchase some Souveran or Fuzion but I've not tried that route yet.

AutowerxDetailing
12-26-2012, 02:49 PM
+1 for 845 :props:

Ipsdrew
12-26-2012, 03:54 PM
My white Enclave gets a couple coats of KSG. I've tried multiple nubas and didn't care for the look. They seem to "tint" the paint to almost an off white/cream color. You get a wet look but it seems to loose a lot of the pop and crisp reflections. The KSG and 845 give it the hard candy look. Just bright white with mirror like reflections

Grifftech
12-26-2012, 04:05 PM
My white Enclave gets a couple coats of KSG. I've tried multiple nubas and didn't care for the look. They seem to "tint" the paint to almost an off white/cream color. You get a wet look but it seems to loose a lot of the pop and crisp reflections. The KSG and 845 give it the hard candy look. Just bright white with mirror like reflections

What is KSG?

Charleston
12-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Maybe try some Poorboys White Hole, and top it with 845

ShinyRex
12-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Poor boy's glaze is white diamond.

MarkD51
12-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Hope you folks don't mind me asking a couple questions, as I feel they are on topic.

Of the selection of fine Nuba Pastes the original poster has in his arsenal, I noted most of you folks have reccommended another product as a topper, Collinite 845 Insulator Wax.

May I ask why you lean towards this product, rather than Blackfire Midnight Sun, Wolfgang Fuzion, DoDo Egg Wax, and perhaps others not mentioned?

Is it longevity? Is it that you feel this particular Wax (845) has a better compatibility with White Paints? Or is it other qualities or a combination of
qualities that make many of you choose this as a best pick versus any other product as a final topper? Thanks, Mark

TimmyG
12-26-2012, 04:32 PM
I really like the cleaning abilities of DG 501, so I would always suggest that as part of your surface prep. After that, use whatever wax/sealant you want. I've achieved some fantastic gloss from Fuzion and Souveran paste after full corrections/cleanings.

rwright
12-26-2012, 04:33 PM
My favorite combo for relatively new white paint:

Iron X
Duragloss 501/601 combo (by machine)
Duragloss 105/601 combo (by hand) or Duragloss 111/601 combo
Aquawax final wipe

TimmyG
12-26-2012, 04:38 PM
My favorite combo for relatively new white paint:

Iron X
Duragloss 501/601 combo (by machine)
Duragloss 105/601 combo (by hand) or Duragloss 111/601 combo
Aquawax final wipe

I have used this exact combo and honestly, you probably haven't ever seen white until you see a white paint with this combo. EXTREMELY glossy and clean! :xyxthumbs: