PDA

View Full Version : Foamaster Foam Cleaning Gun

Pages : [1] 2

ediddy
12-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Anyone have any experience with this? The price of $59.99 looks good for me as I will be using for my personal vehicle. Also, if I buy, is the quart or gallon best? Thanks for your replies.

Colinpd137
12-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Its really useful, great step to start a 2 bucket wash on filthy vehicles & loosing up debris. I have the half-gallon size and if I could choose again I would have gone with the Quart. Half-gallon is pretty bulky.

So Yes its a good buy, Quart is best! my 2c

Robert8194
12-25-2012, 08:45 PM
It works well especially if you have good water pressure. I think the quart size is easier to handle and holds plenty of solution for a car several times over. The only problem I had is finding just the right proportion of shampoo to water.

PA DETAILER
12-25-2012, 09:11 PM
love mine. its great to soak your vehicle in suds to loosen up the dirt, then wash as usuall. i have the quart.

Andr3wilson
12-25-2012, 09:57 PM
I could not work without mine. The foaming action lifts loose dirt off of the surface and adds a nice coat of lubricity to avoid swirls. Now the gun can be used for more than just washing the car. Many occasions I have used it to foam up carpet shampoo for the car and rugs (when my dog was a puppy he pooped everywhere). Easily the best $60 I have spent on my detailing supplies.

PA DETAILER
12-25-2012, 09:58 PM
BUY IT! :props:

Fishincricket
12-26-2012, 01:12 AM
What if you have poor water pressure?

c5errr
12-26-2012, 03:12 AM
What if you have poor water pressure?

i would ask the same thing

my home water pressure is low
in fact i have a pressure washer and when i connect the water hose to it - it takes several minutes to fill up the pressure washer - it shouldnt

car nut
12-26-2012, 04:54 AM
DO you have a pressure tank on your homes plumbing? If not look into having one installed. This should help the problem.

Fishincricket
12-26-2012, 10:02 AM
Wonder what a "pressure tank" would cost?

Ryry11
12-26-2012, 12:04 PM
So you guys that have the quart size say its plenty big? I'm looking at purchasing one, and have heard mixed reviews about the size. Some say quart is plenty, while others say if you plan on foaming the car more than once to get the half gallon. I'm just a hobbyist, no pro, and my plan of attack with the foam gun would be as follows:
Foam the car
Rinse
Foam each panel as I wash
So would a quart be enough do you think?

Andr3wilson
12-26-2012, 12:24 PM
So you guys that have the quart size say its plenty big? I'm looking at purchasing one, and have heard mixed reviews about the size. Some say quart is plenty, while others say if you plan on foaming the car more than once to get the half gallon. I'm just a hobbyist, no pro, and my plan of attack with the foam gun would be as follows:
Foam the car
Rinse
Foam each panel as I wash
So would a quart be enough do you think?

I would get half gallon. My quart size is too small to foam as I wash the car. If you find you're wasting too much solution you can always make less.

Ryry11
12-26-2012, 12:28 PM
I would get half gallon. My quart size is too small to foam as I wash the car. If you find you're wasting too much solution you can always make less.

Ok that was my concern, thanks. Do you guys foam as you wash, or is that a waste?

Andr3wilson
12-26-2012, 02:54 PM
Ok that was my concern, thanks. Do you guys foam as you wash, or is that a waste?

I really dont, it is a lot of work and solution, but its would be wise to do the method you said you wanted to do if you wash in the sun and do not want the suds drying. Personally, I foam the entire car once, wash one side, front, back, then refoam the other side; suds drip off while you are washing the other parts. Then I am good to go. Still get the half gallon.

Ryry11
12-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I really dont, it is a lot of work and solution, but its would be wise to do the method you said you wanted to do if you wash in the sun and do not want the suds drying. Personally, I foam the entire car once, wash one side, front, back, then refoam the other side; suds drip off while you are washing the other parts. Then I am good to go. Still get the half gallon.

Ok maybe that'd be better. Do you still use a 2BM, or do you just have one bucket for rinsing with a grit guard or what?