PDA

View Full Version : BF Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer - Does it work by hand?

Mc'lovin
12-25-2012, 04:51 AM
Hi all,

Thinking of trying BF Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer. However I read that it is meant to be used in a washing machine, while I usually wash my MF products by hand (since I usually have just a few MF towels to wash and I don't want to use the machine for such a small load).

Has anyone tried this product to hand wash MF products, or can advise if using this method should decrease the product's effectiveness?

Thanks!

cartman57
12-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Tried a capful in a clean bucket with hot hot water, threw about 10 MF towels, mixed, agitated, swirled, squeezed by hand for a while then let them sit and soak.
Took each one out and rinsed under running warm water in the sink, on really stained ones the cleaner did its job quite well. Then they hang dry on a line, I'm satisfied with the results for a small quantity of MF's.
I can't tell any significant different feel from new ones.

Evan.J
12-25-2012, 09:56 AM
I have washed my mitt by hand with the solution and it worked well for me. Towels I can't speak to as tho are just machine washed

swanicyouth
12-25-2012, 11:41 AM
It will work by hand, I've used it for some stuff that way. But I can't help but think your towels would come cleaner and rinse clearer if you just put them in a washing machine. It's a great MF detergent anyway you use it.

Mc'lovin
12-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks everyone for the great input!

...But I can't help but think your towels would come cleaner and rinse clearer if you just put them in a washing machine...

I agree, the thing is that to use a machine for so very few towels is just a waste of water and electricity for me.

Johny B
12-25-2012, 03:23 PM
It will work by hand, I've used it for some stuff that way. But I can't help but think your towels would come cleaner and rinse clearer if you just put them in a washing machine. It's a great MF detergent anyway you use it.

+1

umi000
12-26-2012, 02:37 AM

You can actually get fabrics, including towels, cleaner by hand than by machine - it just takes a lot of effort and time. I used to have my MF towels hand-washed, and they came out cleaner (no stains, even for the wheel towels) than when I started machine-washing them.