PDA

View Full Version : Workin' Dirty with the Rotary

RedXray
12-25-2012, 12:34 AM
First of all I enjoy this guys videos. This shows just how you can work yourself thin. Excellent body work and paint then...

I'll think the video will explain.

1962 Ford Galaxie-Color Sand and Buffing-Part 3 - YouTube

AutowerxDetailing
12-25-2012, 01:26 AM
For those who don't have 10 mins to watch the whole thing...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Night_Vision_Holograms1.png

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Night_Vision_Holograms.png

Gotta love a rotary at 1500 rpm to finish out on fresh black paint. I don't even wanna know what this thing looks like in the sun...

RhetoricMixes
12-25-2012, 03:29 AM
I think it's funny he uses the word wax as both a compound and a polish :)

StephenK
12-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I like how his finishing pad is face down on the dirty table

IID
12-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Obviously this "Proffesional" never heard of picking up a bead nor was shown to keep the buffer cord over his shoulder.

swanicyouth
12-25-2012, 11:22 AM
I know I shouldn't make fun of others. But, those two remind me of Beavis and Butthead. In all fairness, maybe his paint came out great. However, we will never know, since he choose to do his outside shots at night.

Night Vision is Great!

Another thing, every time I see "body shop" guys working with a foam pad, it's always a filthy foam pad.

The guy who painted my Pathfinder's bumper had a 8" pad on his rotary with a whole chunk of foam missing from the pad. The face of the pad looked like he used it to wipe his ass. Best part about it was, I saw 2 or 3 new foam pads still in the plastic sitting on a chair.

Is cleaning or changing your pad something new?

Klasse Act
12-25-2012, 11:42 AM
These guys need Mike's book.......and then go from there!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Johny B
12-25-2012, 02:32 PM
These guys need Mike's book.......and then go from there!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

+10

StephenK
12-25-2012, 04:30 PM
I know I shouldn't make fun of others. But, those two remind me of Beavis and Butthead. In all fairness, maybe his paint came out great. However, we will never know, since he choose to do his outside shots at night.

Night Vision is Great!

Another thing, every time I see "body shop" guys working with a foam pad, it's always a filthy foam pad.

The guy who painted my Pathfinder's bumper had a 8" pad on his rotary with a whole chunk of foam missing from the pad. The face of the pad looked like he used it to wipe his ass. Best part about it was, I saw 2 or 3 new foam pads still in the plastic sitting on a chair.

Is cleaning or changing your pad something new?

I think you are right about the cleaning and changing pads. When i got hired at the body shop i am at the pads were filled with dry product as well as the foam pads missing pieces. Well i started throwing out pads and cleaning them. They have noticed the finishes are nicer now. And last week i had my personal foam pad cleaning brush at work and nobody knew what it was. They all asked " what is that neat looking tool?"

habeba86
12-25-2012, 06:15 PM
It seems most "body guys" jst sand and paint and finish cars out like crap. Hes so excited about it being "so glossy" but he has no clue or doesnt care how bad it may look in the sun. Every car ive worked on thats been repainted in anyway has buffer trails in it.

john b
12-25-2012, 06:51 PM
i for one could not work in a dirty dump like that

Vegas Transplant
12-25-2012, 08:23 PM
Imitation Dewalt 849.