PDA

View Full Version : Comparison of Optimum Car Wash vs Ultima Paint Guard Wash

silvermesa
12-24-2012, 09:57 AM
I am needing to order more soap and am interested in comparing the above. Considering adding Ultima Paint Guard Wash.

I just worked with Optimum Car Wash yesterday. I noticed suds are good and lubricity seems decent. Possibly a little gloss added. Did not notice any spotting. Smell is excellent! So far I believe this is my favorite soap of the ones I have previously tried (DoDo Juice BtBM, Duragloss 901/902). Hoping to find the ultimate soap and others on this site seem to mention Ultima quite a bit.

Thoughts from users of both Optimum and Ultima Shampoo's appreciated!

Shane731
12-24-2012, 12:44 PM
In my opinion, Migliore Naturale is the ultimate shampoo. However, it is quite pricey (cost is around $3 per wash). I only use it once in a while as a treat. Give Blackfire Wet Diamond Conditioning Shampoo a try as a regular wash.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/46046-product-review-migliore-naturale-shampoo.html

RMM
12-24-2012, 01:52 PM
I am needing to order more soap and am interested in comparing the above. Considering adding Ultima Paint Guard Wash.

I just worked with Optimum Car Wash yesterday. I noticed suds are good and lubricity seems decent. Possibly a little gloss added. Did not notice any spotting. Smell is excellent! So far I believe this is my favorite soap of the ones I have previously tried (DoDo Juice BtBM, Duragloss 901/902). Hoping to find the ultimate soap and others on this site seem to mention Ultima quite a bit.

Thoughts from users of both Optimum and Ultima Shampoo's appreciated!

I have all the shampoos you mentioned (and they are all in my top preferences). Ranking:

1. Optimum (I don't notice the gloss you mention)
2. Dodo
3. Ultima (this one adds gloss)
4. DG

I don't have the Migliore that CieraSL mentioned (and thoroughly reviewed!) but Dr Oldz is a great fan...and that means something! I see $ flying off my wallet...

ScottB
12-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Both are nice soaps, but I am partial to Einszett Exclusiv Wash currently. No wrong choice ...

CM8 6MT
12-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Both are nice soaps, but I am partial to Einszett Exclusiv Wash currently. No wrong choice ...

Einszettt Exclusiv....sounds very "exclusive" is this stuff really outstanding? My visa is out and ready to go :D

ScottB
12-24-2012, 05:56 PM
Einszettt Exclusiv....sounds very "exclusive" is this stuff really outstanding? My visa is out and ready to go :D

I doubt you need a passport, but then again you never know :props:

1Z Einszett Exclusiv Gloss Shampoo, car wash soap, auto wash, car shampoo, foam gun shampoo (http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-exclusiv-shampoo.html)
(looks like its on sale too)

silvermesa
12-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Been reading and trying to learn some more about shampoos' this afternoon. Some shampoo's obviously leave some gloss behind and others wash clean.

I have applied Black Fire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection to my vehicle and will use Black Fire Polymer Spray Sealant after washing. I assume I may be better off without a shampoo that leaves gloss but rather just a clean film free finish.

Any thoughts appreciated regarding the two soaps in my original post or others.