PDA

View Full Version : Exterior trim 2 part question

Glenn Taylor
12-23-2012, 05:23 PM
1st looking for exterior trim product that leaves a matte finish and won't streak white, or is there a coating that can be applied to protect black trim. This is for new car.

Next recommendation on a trim restorer for older vehicle. Used Mothers Back to Black doesn't last long and streaks if you don't apply weekly. This product is to time consuming?

Thanks in advance for your time!

Chris@AutoCleanse
12-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Try chemical guys Black on black or wolfgangs exterior trim sealent, both easy to apply and leave a nice clean finish on black trim that is not greasy and does not run from my experience.

Andr3wilson
12-23-2012, 07:30 PM
My favourite trim sealant/dressing is 303 aerospace one, easy on easy off, lasts a really long tim

As far as trim restorers, I have had great results with Gtechniq C4 (http://www.autogeek.net/gtech-c4-trim-restorer.html)

Setec Astronomy
12-23-2012, 07:39 PM
For the new car, if you are going to treat it semi-regularly, say 2-4 times/year, I'd say use UTTG or WETS, if you want to never treat it, use Opti-Coat 2.0.

For the degraded trim, if it doesn't have a million ridges, use C4 (sparingly), then maintain with UTTG or WETS. There is also the new Opti-Lens coming out, which may have some application on trim as well, we won't know until it's released and we know the details.

AeroCleanse
12-23-2012, 07:54 PM
GTechniq C4 will work in both cases.

primo spaghetti
12-23-2012, 08:13 PM
new car, OC 2.0

trim restoration, Cquartz Dlux