PDA

View Full Version : winter blows in the north

poweraid
12-23-2012, 05:52 AM
hello ya all . I've been off the boards for a better part of 1/2 the year end . recently got back into golfing , and of course that cut in to my detailing time . winter here now and bored out of my mind . no winter hobbies . can't golf and really can only do some maintenance washes on the vehicles now . u wash your vehicle , clean the inside , and bam ! in a day or two it's a mess again already . snow , salt , sand , inside and out . if I could just have a nice heated garage I could still do details in the winter here , and also I'd have a golf simulator of some kind to keep my game up too . anyways I'll enjoy catching up on everything here, and to find out what I'll want to get come spring here . new golf clubs already on the table , that's $2g+ , as far as car care products I'll just be into trying something new .

chad

Bunky
12-23-2012, 06:28 AM
Welcome back. Hobbies can be expensive.

poweraid
12-23-2012, 06:51 AM
u got that right . everything I like to do , I need decent weather. maybe I need to move to warmer year round climate .

BobbyG
12-23-2012, 07:13 AM
Hey Chad, welcome back!

Living in the North has both advantages and disadvantages.......I'm just trying to remember what the advantages are......:dunno: :laughing:

1953hogan
12-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Hey Chad, welcome back!

Living in the North has both advantages and disadvantages.......I'm just trying to remember what the advantages are......:dunno: :laughing:

+1

cartman57
12-23-2012, 07:24 AM
The advantages are........umm, uh, nevermind, there aren't any!

silverfox
12-23-2012, 07:35 AM
In western NY state between Rochester and Buffalo , we don't have floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, raging fires, earthquakes or anything that could wipe out everything we own as far as Mother Nature goes.

In fact we had our first winter snow yesterday of which we got a whopping 1". It's already gone. The last few winters have been a joke compared to the mid Atlantic or Rockies or even Northern California.

We do get a lot of cloudy days in winter. We had a great summer and fall. Winters in western ny are nothing like when I grew up. The climate has indeed changed.

BobbyG
12-23-2012, 07:41 AM
In western NY state between Rochester and Buffalo , we don't have floods, droughts, hurricanes, tornadoes, raging fires, earthquakes or anything that could wipe out everything we own as far as Mother Nature goes.

In fact we had our first winter snow yesterday of which we got a whopping 1". It's already gone. The last few winters have been a joke compared to the mid Atlantic or Rockies or even Northern California.

We do get a lot of cloudy days in winter. We had a great summer and fall. Winters in western ny are nothing like when I grew up. The climate has indeed changed.

John, you make several great points! :props:

Like you, I remember winters when I was growing up in Southeast MA. Lot's of snow and cold was the norm and seeing temps hit -20 was very common. We do fall prey to an occasional hurricane but they're far and few between so I guess it ain't all that bad....:props:

hoyt66
12-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Welcome back northern brother. Winters do stink up north for us car enthusiast. I just

finished getting my car ready for a long winters nap. I'm going to throw some header and high

flow cats on it for something to do this winter.:dblthumb2:

Crazy Diamond
12-23-2012, 08:12 AM
And that's why god created Florida on the 8th day, it's cold here too with a high of 72, that's winter down here. Shine on.