PDA

View Full Version : Daytonna brush ANNOYING splatter!

Pages : [1] 2

statusdetailing
12-23-2012, 01:47 AM
Guys, I love the Daytonna wheel brush but I absolutely hate how bad it splatters all over me every time I use it. It does a great job, it's durable, but I've finally just had it with the splatter. I think I'm just going to have to part with the brush and try something new. I usually wear gloves and long sleeves when cleaning wheels. I tried a face shield but I hate using one and it just looks stupid.

What are some good alternatives that you guys are using to clean the inner wheel barrels?

Thanks so much!

Jeremy

Cosmin
12-23-2012, 01:53 AM
lower the speed so you can control the splatter , go in oval or side movement , wear goggle , have an apron

NIS240SHU
12-23-2012, 01:57 AM
I believe in one of Nick's videos he mentioned to turn the brush as you're pulling it out of the wheel to minimize the splatter.

I love mine and just ordered 2 more on BOGO.

07RS4
12-23-2012, 01:58 AM
There is no alternatives as far as affectiveness and versatility IMO. Your problem is easily solved, follow these tips and you will enjoy doing wheels again.

1. After your favorite wheel cleaner has been sprayed and is ready to work, use a foam gun and complete soak down the wheel in foam. This will reduce the splatter to zero.

2. If you don't want to use the foam gun for wheels, when your ready to do your barrels, prime the brush with your car shampoo in a foaming bottle, and the splatter will be zero.

3. Use a seperate wash bucket for wheels, and put some car shampoo in it. Get it nice and foamy, and dip your Daytona in it after each wheel.

The common denominator is foam, haha.

You could also use...

Turbo Stick
Wheel Woolies

A bunch of other barrel brushes, but IMO, none are as useful as the Daytona.

NIS240SHU
12-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Also, I like to have one kept straight and the other bent at a 90 to save time while cleaning to the back of the barrel and the back of the spokes.

y8s
12-23-2012, 08:23 AM
maybe you could attach a large disk to the hilt between the brush and handle. might make it more cumbersome, but would block you from a lot of the splatter.

Or maybe stand to the side when you pull it out of holes.

I feel your pain though. I ruined a good shirt using that thing.

Eddie 70
12-23-2012, 08:29 AM
I have a Meguires brush that is similar and have found the same splatter with it. I have been wondering if the Daytona would do the same thing and now have confirmation. The good thing about my new Maxima is I can get my hands fully into the barrel and work the wheels with a rag so the brush has been relegated to shelf duty now, at least until warmer weather get here.

cartman57
12-23-2012, 08:51 AM
maybe you could attach a large disk to the hilt between the brush and handle. might make it more cumbersome, but would block you from a lot of the splatter.

Or maybe stand to the side when you pull it out of holes.

I feel your pain though. I ruined a good shirt using that thing.

Wheel cleaner splatter on the face sucks.
I cut up a milk jug, use the handle portion to hold on to and cut the bottom off and 2 sides.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-23-2012, 09:16 AM
I deal with it. There's no other barrel brushes as versatile.

Billand
12-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Try these they work pretty good as long as the wheels are not to dirty

http://www.autogeek.net/wheel-woolies.html

07RS4
12-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Foam = no splatter. I haven't gotten splattered since the first time it happened.

IID
12-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Try these they work pretty good as long as the wheels are not to dirty

Wheel Woolies 3-Piece Kit, wheel cleaning tools, wheel brushes (http://www.autogeek.net/wheel-woolies.html)

:iagree:

TimmyG
12-23-2012, 11:02 AM
I deal with it. There's no other barrel brushes as versatile.

Agreed. Although I still haven't gotten around to purchasing a set of wheel woolies just yet.

Love my daytona & ez detail brushes. :xyxthumbs:

Johny B
12-23-2012, 02:34 PM
Guys, I love the Daytonna wheel brush but I absolutely hate how bad it splatters all over me every time I use it. It does a great job, it's durable, but I've finally just had it with the splatter. I think I'm just going to have to part with the brush and try something new. I usually wear gloves and long sleeves when cleaning wheels. I tried a face shield but I hate using one and it just looks stupid.

What are some good alternatives that you guys are using to clean the inner wheel barrels?

Thanks so much!

Jeremy

The big one is the splatters Queen.

statusdetailing
12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
I like the foam gun idea a lot. I'll try it out. Thanks man! :xyxthumbs:

There is no alternatives as far as affectiveness and versatility IMO. Your problem is easily solved, follow these tips and you will enjoy doing wheels again.

1. After your favorite wheel cleaner has been sprayed and is ready to work, use a foam gun and complete soak down the wheel in foam. This will reduce the splatter to zero.

2. If you don't want to use the foam gun for wheels, when your ready to do your barrels, prime the brush with your car shampoo in a foaming bottle, and the splatter will be zero.

3. Use a seperate wash bucket for wheels, and put some car shampoo in it. Get it nice and foamy, and dip your Daytona in it after each wheel.

The common denominator is foam, haha.

You could also use...

Turbo Stick
Wheel Woolies

A bunch of other barrel brushes, but IMO, none are as useful as the Daytona.