PDA

View Full Version : Questions about CarPro's Trix

swanicyouth
12-22-2012, 06:48 PM
I have a few bottles of this stuff, but I'm a bit hesitant to use it for anything but wheels. I would like to use it on my paint next time I'm changing my LSP.

1. Will Trix make my plastic trim (running boards, plastic roof rack, and similar) all jacked up if it gets on there?

2. Will the de-tar properties of the product remove wax?

3. Is it best to spread the product out with a towel, or just spray and rinse?

Thanks CarPro experts.

A-train
12-22-2012, 08:54 PM
I have a few bottles of this stuff, but I'm a bit hesitant to use it for anything but wheels. I would like to use it on my paint next time I'm changing my LSP.

1. Will Trix make my plastic trim (running boards, plastic roof rack, and similar) all jacked up if it gets on there?

2. Will the de-tar properties of the product remove wax?

3. Is it best to spread the product out with a towel, or just spray and rinse?

Thanks CarPro experts.

1. I have never had a problem with trix on plastic sprayed directly or indirectly. I would make sure the surface is still wet and not allowed to dry just like on the paint. I have sprayed trim and bed-liners on multiple vehicles.

2. This product will strip the wax. If its not stripped it will be severely diminished. No harm to coatings however.

3. For light tar you may be able to just spray, let dwell and rinse. I mostly feel it necessary to agitate, whether it be a wash mitt or bug sponge.

I hope you like the product, it is good however after using 3 bottles i feel that I get better results using iron x and tar x separately. I feel they both have a little more bite individually.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

RMM
12-22-2012, 09:28 PM
1. I have never had a problem with trix on plastic sprayed directly or indirectly. I would make sure the surface is still wet and not allowed to dry just like on the paint. I have sprayed trim and bed-liners on multiple vehicles.

2. This product will strip the wax. If its not stripped it will be severely diminished. No harm to coatings however.

3. For light tar you may be able to just spray, let dwell and rinse. I mostly feel it necessary to agitate, whether it be a wash mitt or bug sponge.

I hope you like the product, it is good however after using 3 bottles i feel that I get better results using iron x and tar x separately. I feel they both have a little more bite individually.

:iagree:

A-train is absolutely right on!

I don't own TRIX but I do own IronX and TarX separately. I guess your problem is with the TarX part of the equation, right?

Just to complement A-train's anwser:

1. TarX can be used on any surface but you have to take into account two things: don't let the product dry (but you apply it to a dry surface); don't let the product dwell more than 7-10 minutes;
2. TarX is a degreaser so it will strip wax
3. I agitate (I use a chenille MF wash pad)

Andr3wilson
12-23-2012, 01:02 AM
Be prepared for the horrible smell... easily one of the worst smelling products I own.

Other than that +1

WRAPT C5Z06
12-23-2012, 01:33 AM
Interesting. I've heard it can stain plastic trim.

PiPUK
12-23-2012, 09:01 AM
There is a high content of a non-polar solvent and most such products will have the potential to do harm to plastics if given an extended contact time. It is just good practice to avoid plastics with any tar removing product.