PDA

View Full Version : ### FedEx?!

Pages : [1] 2

UltimateDetail
12-22-2012, 07:51 AM
I can't believe this shizzz. I placed an order last Sunday from chemical guys. And if you've ordered from them you'd know they ship with FedEx. So all week I've been tracking my order, no updates all week. But it said all week it would be here the 22nd - today. So today, I wake up check the status, WHAM! Changed the date from 22nd to the 26th. How the *bleep* am I supposed to have it by Christmas!? Ugh, every single time I've ever ordered something by FedEx there has been a problem too! It's sitting in Ohio for now. :rant:

Kemer1
12-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Could it have been delayed By snowstorm in the Midwest? FedEx cant control the weather if that was the case. :)

UltimateDetail
12-22-2012, 08:18 AM
could it have been delayed by snowstorm in the midwest? Fedex cant control the weather if that was the case. :)

No! It should of been at least close to here before the storm even showed up!!! They were slow and sloppy!(this was in upper case btw)

:)

TimmyG
12-22-2012, 08:20 AM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpVFC7bMtY0]FedEx Delivery Goes Terribly Wrong - YouTube[/video]

It could be worse...!

In all seriousness though, I truly hope you get your items before the holiday.

A2 Auto Spa
12-22-2012, 08:22 AM
I hope you get your package before the 25th.
Merry Christmas!

Rockeey
12-22-2012, 08:23 AM
I can't believe this shizzz. I placed an order last Sunday from chemical guys. And if you've ordered from them you'd know they ship with FedEx. So all week I've been tracking my order, no updates all week. But it said all week it would be here the 22nd - today. So today, I wake up check the status, WHAM! Changed the date from 22nd to the 26th. How the *bleep* am I supposed to have it by Christmas!? Ugh, every single time I've ever ordered something by FedEx there has been a problem too! It's sitting in Ohio for now. :rant:

The shipping costs we're all paying these days makes it even more difficult to bite our tongue when it takes over a week for something to arrive. It is the single biggest reason why I will look for stuff locally first rather than deal with shipping costs and waiting for a week to get something.

There may be legitimate reasons for the delay FedEx is having in getting your package to you but you can consider calling or emailing FedEx and expressing your disappointment. I'm sure CG is a big enough customer of FedEx that they'll value your comments. You might want to let CG know, too, just in case you're not the only one and then maybe they will lean on FedEx as well. Again, I'm not pointing a finger at FedEx because I do not know the circumstances but there is no harm in you contacting them.
FedEx Customer Support Center: #Help with Shipping & Tracking (http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/)

UltimateDetail
12-22-2012, 08:24 AM
It could be worse...!

In all seriousness though, I truly hope you get your items before the holiday.

Haha yeah, I've seen that video before. FedEx is horrible lol. Unfortunately, I've had this happen to me before also. That's what I meant by every time i've used fedex there has been a problem lol. Thanks though! Happy Holidays!

UltimateDetail
12-22-2012, 08:42 AM
I hope you get your package before the 25th.
Merry Christmas!

Thanks!! Merry Christmas to you too!

The shipping costs we're all paying these days makes it even more difficult to bite our tongue when it takes over a week for something to arrive. It is the single biggest reason why I will look for stuff locally first rather than deal with shipping costs and waiting for a week to get something.

There may be legitimate reasons for the delay FedEx is having in getting your package to you but you can consider calling or emailing FedEx and expressing your disappointment. I'm sure CG is a big enough customer of FedEx that they'll value your comments. You might want to let CG know, too, just in case you're not the only one and then maybe they will lean on FedEx as well. Again, I'm not pointing a finger at FedEx because I do not know the circumstances but there is no harm in you contacting them.
FedEx Customer Support Center: #Help with Shipping & Tracking (http://www.fedex.com/us/customersupport/)

I know! That's what frustrates me the most! I payed I believe $40 something dollars for shipping!?.. I normally wouldn't mind waiting, but it's for christmas! And it's not like I ordered three days ago, I ordered a week in advance!

I wish I could find stuff locally though. But we don't have many choices around here now. A lot of the locally owned businesses have closed. And now in their place we got, walmart, target, etc. And they don't always have the best stuff, or sometimes they just don't sell something. I used to go around to local shops to get stuff, and not have to worry about all the hassle of ordering online.. But now I'm kind of forced too. The whole scheme of things is so frustrating. =/ But, what you recommended are definitely my next steps. I'm gonna see if they can deliver it before Christmas because this is crazy. What did I pay $40 for? Anyways, thanks for your input and Happy Holidays!

IID
12-22-2012, 09:01 AM

Since your in NY area,could of you ordered from the Geek and selected UPS shipping?

david11g35
12-22-2012, 09:08 AM
I work for a 3rd party shipping company and use fedex, ups and dhl on a daily basis. There may be several factors for this delay.
1. Weather delay
2. Mechanical delay
3. Was the package ground? If so sorry to inform you but since its the busy holiday rush they sometimes leave ground for last if they are overwhelmed by priority shipements.

Either way the best thing to do is call fedex and see whats going on. If it got delayed for something not weather related you can always try and get a refund on shipping for failure of service. Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Rockeey
12-22-2012, 09:17 AM
I know! That's what frustrates me the most! I payed I believe $40 something dollars for shipping!?..

Yikes !! $40??!!!

I wish I could find stuff locally though. But we don't have many choices around here now. I have a couple of auto parts stores and an auto paint supplier nearby. I'm a big Megs fan so I can get their buffing pads, backing plates, products and other stuff locally. Just got a 32oz bottle of M205 for under $25 and their waterless wash for $6.99 (after $5 mail in rebate)....no shipping, no waiting. I've also started using some of the Surf City stuff. Their "Beyond Black" tire dressing is, in my opinion, top of the line and their carnuba wax is the easiest WOWO I've ever used and makes a very nice topper. Again, sold locally so no shipping costs and no waiting. Paying $8-$10 to ship an 8oz can of wax makes me crazy.

What did I pay $40 for? You paid it so that the executives at FedEx can get a big fat bonus in 2013 !! :)

Anyways, thanks for your input and Happy Holidays! Thank you. Same to you !! Hope that somehow you'll get your order sooner than the 26th.

RedXray
12-22-2012, 09:30 AM
FedEx > UPS

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc195/RedXray/FedEx.jpg

Setec Astronomy
12-22-2012, 09:41 AM
3. Was the package ground? If so sorry to inform you but since its the busy holiday rush they sometimes leave ground for last if they are overwhelmed by priority shipements.

I can see that (possibly) happening at UPS, but not FedEx where ground is a separate organization with their own depots and trucks.

FUNX650
12-22-2012, 09:47 AM
I placed an order last Sunday from chemical guys.

It's sitting in Ohio for now. :rant:
-Sorry to hear of your package (from CG) getting a ### from FedX.
Have you also reported this miscue to the folks at CG?

-It's a possibility that your package may be at the West Carrollton, Ohio's FedX shipping depot.
If I had the tracking#...I'd go down there, pick it up, and forward it to you.

:)

Bob

UltimateDetail
12-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Since your in NY area,could of you ordered from the Geek and selected UPS shipping?

I was going to order from AG, but CG had a huge sale going. And I wanted a few items AG doesn't carry. But, I didn't give AG the cold shoulder this year, this week I ordered a couple semi-big orders. :)

I work for a 3rd party shipping company and use fedex, ups and dhl on a daily basis. There may be several factors for this delay.
1. Weather delay
2. Mechanical delay

Either way the best thing to do is call fedex and see whats going on. If it got delayed for something not weather related you can always try and get a refund on shipping for failure of service. Hope this helps

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah i'm gonna give em a call to see if they can do anything. Thanks for the insight though.

Yikes !! $40??!!!

Yup, these shipping prices are getting silly!

I have a couple of auto parts stores and an auto paint supplier nearby. I'm a big Megs fan so I can get their buffing pads, backing plates, products and other stuff locally. Just got a 32oz bottle of M205 for under $25 and their waterless wash for $6.99 (after $5 mail in rebate)....no shipping, no waiting. I've also started using some of the Surf City stuff. Their "Beyond Black" tire dressing is, in my opinion, top of the line and their carnuba wax is the easiest WOWO I've ever used and makes a very nice topper. Again, sold locally so no shipping costs and no waiting. Paying $8-$10 to ship an 8oz can of wax makes me crazy.

Yeah we used to have a auto body supplies store near here, those places are so awesome.. I've never heard of Surf City, I'll have to check it out though! Haha yeah, I tried buying just a can of wax online once, and the shipping was the same price of the wax itself!!

You paid it so that the executives at FedEx can get a big fat bonus in 2013 !! :)

Hahaha 'Cause how are they gonna get their extra large swimming pool on their 100 story sky scraper?! lol

Thank you. Same to you !! Hope that somehow you'll get your order sooner than the 26th.

Hey no problem, thanks for best wishes!!:xyxthumbs: