PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Protectant Plus for Tires

edwinwng
12-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Has anyone tried using OPP for their tires? How did it work out? I'm trying to find something that will work as a tire shine, that isnt specifically tire shine. Trying to limit the amount of products to buy.

primo spaghetti
12-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Optimum also has this great product that not just for tires despite the name...

Opti-Bond Tire Gel is the next generation tire dressing from Optimum. The thick, water-based formula provides a high gloss shine on all tires, wheel wells, interior and exterior trim, vinyl, and dashboards. Apply Optimum OPti-Bond Tire Gel anywhere you want a high gloss shine! Opti-Bond Tire Gel delivers optimum performance and shine to all rubber and vinyl surfaces!

Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel, Tire gel protectant, OPT Tire Dressing Gel, protect tires, optibond tire gel (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-bond-tire-gel-32oz.html)

atoy
12-20-2012, 05:37 PM
I tried it. I dont like the look and there's no durability

Chris Thomas
12-20-2012, 05:38 PM
You can use all these on tires for different looks:
Protectant Plus
Tire Shine
Opti Bond

edwinwng
12-20-2012, 05:57 PM
When you say theres no durability do you mean it didnt last long on the tires? How long did they last for? And did it look to greasy or what? What didn't you like about the way it looked.

primo spaghetti
12-20-2012, 06:21 PM

that too bad you didnt like it...

what dilution did you try and how did you apply it...

i found the first time i used it i wasnt over the moon, but did more research on it and found some different application methods and now i really enjoy it.

come to think of it, i believe it was my first OPT product in my line up, and now i could without a doubt exclusively use their line up.

i found it also worked great at 1:1. my best application i found was to ensure the tire is clean (preferably dry, but it is water based so not a big deal if a bit damp), and i sprayed in on in a simple pray bottle...i found it to have a nicer look when i sprayed it on, let it sit, and wiped away the excess. i do not like a wet sticky looking tire, just clean and matte finish. I have also used it on exterior plastic trim (before i opti coated it all) and it had a greater durability than any other water based trim protectant i previously tried.

if thats not dark/wet/shiny enough for you, you can also apply a second coat...and i think you may have a different impression if you give it another try.

CM8 6MT
12-20-2012, 06:23 PM
No matter what brand of tire shine you buy, durability will not be much of a factor on a daily driver IMO. I use Pinnacle Black Onyx for a dark black natural non greasy look+ protection for the rubber itself.

Chris Thomas
12-20-2012, 07:25 PM
It's water based so it won't last a month or anything, but it lasts from wash to wash for me and that's all I need. I can always wipe the tire with ONR at QD dilution to freshen up the look between washes if I need to.