PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried 22ple VX1 Pro Glass Coating?

Pages : [1] 2

vegas911gts
12-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Can't link it because it's against the rules so you'll have to google it. It seems like its like opti-coat. And will AG carry it? It looks more like a premium product.

chris.ganucheau
12-19-2012, 01:00 PM
I know someone posted a review of it recently. Said they thought it was a game changer. Try searching for it, might find the thread.

vegas911gts
12-19-2012, 01:04 PM
Ok found the thread. I should have searched for it first. Sorry guys.

RaskyR1
12-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Here is a car a did a couple months ago with it. It's very easy to use but other than that it just seems very similar to the other glass coating out there. Each seems to have their own strong points. I definitely don't see it as a game changer and one needs to look past marketing fluff and stop using pictures posted by sellers to determine if it's good or not. As of right now Opti-Guard in the only coating I've seen with real world long term testing and only time will tell how good these newer glass coating really are. It does look better than OG though IMO.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/56188-2012-sonata-2-step-correction-22ple-vx1-pro-glass-coating.html

Audi X2
12-19-2012, 03:34 PM
The new CQuartz UK coating is another product that appears to be very similar to 22ple, but for less money.
Cquartz UK Edition (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-uk-edition.html)

Nick recently did a write up on his new vehicle where he applied the new CQuartz UK edition.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/58485-meguiars-optimum-carpro-vs-my-mazda-3-a.html

Mike Phillips
12-19-2012, 03:49 PM
At this time we don't carry their products but Shyan has been a friend of mine since around 2006 when he attended one of my classes...

It's also his birthday today...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/HappyGirlBirthdayCake.jpg

:xyxthumbs:

PiPUK
12-19-2012, 04:18 PM
one needs to look past marketing fluff and stop using pictures posted by sellers to determine if it's good or not. As of right now Opti-Guard in the only coating I've seen with real world long term testing

Really wise words. These type of products really need either lab test results or a longer term user test to prove that they do what they say - for supposedly unique and advanced technologies, it is really strange that this information is not available. Frankly it is daft when someone comes along and raves about a product (which is primarily concerned with durability) some 2 days after application.

Mike Phillips
12-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Frankly it is daft when someone comes along and raves about a product (which is primarily concerned with durability) some 2 days after application.

To take that train of thought one step further...

Over my experience on online discussion forums, many, not all, but many of the people that would be involved in a discussion over product longevity are the same people that can't help themselves but to go out into the garage and re-wax their car after only a few weeks...

:laughing:

Just sayin...

:D

Mike Phillips
12-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Heck, when I have a vehicle I actually like I tend to wash and wax it once a week to not only maintain that "just waxed look" but because frequent car care is easy and fast car care.

It's only when you neglect your car and let it go downhill does it become an all day resto-project again...

I loved my Milk Truck and even though it was HUGE I washed and waxed it almost weekly... When I first bought it the paint was so oxidized it was white in places. After introducing the paint to Mr. Rotary Buffer and some compounds and polishes, waxing by machine using a PC was comparatively fast and easy. It was also preventative maintenance as it has single stage paint and would oxidize easily if neglected.

1966 Milk Truck (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/24968-1966-chevy-milk-truck.html)

http://www.showcargarage.com/gallery/files/1/MilkTruck.jpg

Had a 396 BBC too...

Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

PiPUK
12-19-2012, 05:08 PM
To take that train of thought one step further...

Over my experience on online discussion forums, many, not all, but many of the people that would be involved in a discussion over product longevity are the same people that can't help themselves but to go out into the garage and re-wax their car after only a few weeks...

Just sayin...

:D

I know what you mean... and also the same people who take the most care of their vehicles and least require the abrasion resistance etc!

swanicyouth
12-19-2012, 05:10 PM
I kind of agree what with Mile said about wanting to wax frequently. My short lived venture with OptiCoat was a little blah. All you could really do was wash it and spray wax it. But it's great for a detailer's customer's car. While coatings may last longer, I still don't think they look as good as a high quality wax also.

I've checked out the 22ple website and they CLAIM their coating is more durable and has a higher silica content than similar products. They also claim similar products exaggerate their life expectancy.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
12-19-2012, 05:32 PM
I kind of agree what with Mile said about wanting to wax frequently. My short lived venture with OptiCoat was a little blah. All you could really do was wash it and spray wax it. But it's great for a detailer's customer's car. While coatings may last longer, I still don't think they look as good as a high quality wax also.

Thats exactly why my BMW's wont recieve any coatings.

PiPUK
12-19-2012, 05:44 PM
I've checked out the 22ple website and they CLAIM their coating is more durable and has a higher silica content than similar products. They also claim similar products exaggerate their life expectancy.

That is just it - claims. When my suppliers come to me with a new raw material, I need more than claims. I wouldn't even bother testing a product if they didn't have some supporting data - it is not rocket science. Gloss retention after repeated washes, contact angle after repeated solvent wipes... very simple and standard tests.

Silica content - several of the resin products I have dealt with are 60-80% silica... but there is nothing glass coat, nano structured, nano particles... so what exactly is 'higher silica content' supposed to be telling us?

uniquedetailing
12-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Here is a car a did a couple months ago with it. It's very easy to use but other than that it just seems very similar to the other glass coating out there. Each seems to have their own strong points. I definitely don't see it as a game changer and one needs to look past marketing fluff and stop using pictures posted by sellers to determine if it's good or not. As of right now Opti-Guard in the only coating I've seen with real world long term testing and only time will tell how good these newer glass coating really are. It does look better than OG though IMO.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/56188-2012-sonata-2-step-correction-22ple-vx1-pro-glass-coating.html

I just used the product for the first time and yes it is easy to use, but i would have to agree with you 100% here. People are so easily sold put a big name in our industry selling there products with some kool car and obviously it must be good otherwise they wouldnt use it. It is good but its all about the money and they only look out for themselves.

uniquedetailing
12-19-2012, 06:22 PM
That is just it - claims. When my suppliers come to me with a new raw material, I need more than claims. I wouldn't even bother testing a product if they didn't have some supporting data - it is not rocket science. Gloss retention after repeated washes, contact angle after repeated solvent wipes... very simple and standard tests.

Silica content - several of the resin products I have dealt with are 60-80% silica... but there is nothing glass coat, nano structured, nano particles... so what exactly is 'higher silica content' supposed to be telling us?

Im sure the number one authority in the US would give an answer for that, Im actually interested to hear myself