PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Crystal Mist--old version

dengood1
04-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Can anyone clear this up for me? I bought the Crystal Mist when it was 2 for 1 a couple of months ago before they changed formulas. My Crystal Mist bottles say "carnauba spray wax", but doesn't say "Souveran". Is it the same as the newer "Souveran" version? I used it on my wifes car a couple of weeks ago and when I went to wash it today the water beaded up like crazy. Just curious:D It also added a nice glow and some depth to her car when I applied a couple of weeks ago.

orngez
04-29-2007, 12:17 PM
nope...not souveran...but the old crystal mist was like a spray wax/qd hybrid...think of it as a qd loaded with wax....its why a lot of people liked it...

dengood1
04-29-2007, 01:17 PM
nope...not souveran...but the old crystal mist was like a spray wax/qd hybrid...think of it as a qd loaded with wax....its why a lot of people liked it...

Thanks, that's kinda what I though. So the new QD has less wax than the old Crystal Mist and the new "Souveran spray wax" has MORE wax than the old Crystal Mist. So it's kind of a combo between the two.....got it!

Thanks Orngez:)

Reddwarf
04-29-2007, 01:24 PM
Why oh why did they change the formula?! We loved Crystal Mist the way it was.

orngez
04-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Why oh why did they change the formula?! We loved Crystal Mist the way it was.

i believe it was not VOC compliant...

bambo2888
04-29-2007, 04:57 PM
yea, voc crap. either way, all of the new and old verisons of CM and LSS are awesome.

ScottB
04-29-2007, 05:02 PM
VOC regulations are different based on the type of product, so calling it a spray wax may means it outside the regulation, but calling it a qd'er would be ok. Either way, CM is now a qd'er only, and the new Souveran Spray moves in as a true booster product.