PDA

View Full Version : Overseas products, mainly dodo and bouncers

Pages : [1] 2

Ryry11
12-18-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm intrigued by the bouncers line of products, and many of the dodo products, and the ones I want are not available to us by anyone here in the states. Having read many of the reviews about the bouncers waxes, I totally want to try them, and have seriously been considering placing an overseas order for a couple of the products. Has anyone ordered from any sites overseas and having any of the bouncers waxes? Any thoughts on them? Worth the order? If so, which site did you order from to get the best shipping rate?(pm me if you have a site that you ordered from that you're happy with). I'm really wanting to try bouncers 22 and satsuma rock, and I'd love some vanilla ice but that's sold out everywhere. Lemme know!

PiPUK
12-18-2012, 04:53 PM
Dodo and Bouncers are linked with Dodo having assisted Bouncers development and they actually do some of the manufacturing. They are generally very solid waxes but I have to admit that I have some level of apathy towards wax. When it comes down to it, I cannot see much difference between one good wax and another. I think it is a bit like the cables for your stereo system. Once you get to a certain level, the performance is good. If you spend 10x more, you might well get a noteworthy improvement but a normal person will have no idea whether the cable they are listening to costs $50 or $500. I know it is heresy on a detailing forum but I find that the differences between waxes at similar price points are very small. Yes, wax A might spread a bit more easily than wax B or wax C might be a touch more durable whilst wax D gives better sheeting... but unless you are desiring to have a wax collection (which I accept some people do) then I don't see the point in having all 4. So from my point of view, I don't really see the point in chasing products you cannot buy in the US when there are so many similar ones already on the market.

Meghan
12-18-2012, 04:59 PM
We will have Bouncer's Satsuma Rock Wax in within days if you can wait.

MadMerc
12-18-2012, 05:07 PM

No! We can't wait!!
Been dying to try Bouncers!

Sent from the mind of a madman.

Ryry11
12-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Ahhhh I can't wait! But yes, I will wait:) always would rather deal with AG than having to order direct from Europe, especially with what it costs to have it shipped from across the pond😳
Meghan, any word if you'll be carrying other bouncers products or dodo products, or is it just a few here and there sprinkled into the lineup?

umi000
12-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Bouncer's 22 is a nice wax - fairly reasonably priced, gives a very nice gloss that would look really good on lighter colors and metallics, and that 100 ml pot will last a bit - it just spreads and spreads and spreads. I got my pot direct from Mr. Dodo:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WiofmUM8sDk/TvRkIAmYGtI/AAAAAAAAAvQ/X4wG5-v4BKQ/s640/IMG_7742.jpg
(Yep, that the signed #4 jar of the first production pour of 22 :))

I've bought a number of items from Ben of Rubbish Boy's Original Edition fame - he runs an online shop (carnauba wax shop) that offers international delivery. Good service, and you can also take the chance to get his RBOE, which is only available (as a full-size jar) direct from him.

SON1C
12-19-2012, 10:27 AM
i'd like to see AG carry the panel pot of rubbish boys as well, if dodo makes the wax, I'd like to see it at AG :D

Meghan
12-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Ahhhh I can't wait! But yes, I will wait:) always would rather deal with AG than having to order direct from Europe, especially with what it costs to have it shipped from across the pond
Meghan, any word if you'll be carrying other bouncers products or dodo products, or is it just a few here and there sprinkled into the lineup?
Send me a PM with what you are interested in.

i'd like to see AG carry the panel pot of rubbish boys as well, if dodo makes the wax, I'd like to see it at AG :D
We used to sell Rubbish Boys wax but they did not move so we discontinued them.

swanicyouth
12-19-2012, 01:50 PM
I've ordered overseas from England. Stuff came quickly no problems. Shipping is fairly inexpensive for a wax. I ordered snow soap, among other things, so the shipping was rather high ($50) - as it goes by weight. I've also ordered several no. Detailing items from Europe, never had a problem. Shipping is usually very quick.

RMM
12-19-2012, 09:04 PM
I've bought a number of items from Ben of Rubbish Boy's Original Edition fame - he runs an online shop (carnauba wax shop) that offers international delivery. Good service, and you can also take the chance to get his RBOE, which is only available (as a full-size jar) direct from him.

I have already shopped there... http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angelic006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
When you say "offer" it means "I can provide" or "it's free"? I paid shipping...

Meghan
12-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Is this what you were looking for?

Meghan
12-20-2012, 12:26 PM
For your black tie events.

Meghan
12-20-2012, 12:28 PM
So many new goodies from Dodo today...

SON1C
12-20-2012, 12:32 PM
Send me a PM with what you are interested in.

We used to sell Rubbish Boys wax but they did not move so we discontinued them.

oh, didn't know that!
is autogeek going to pickup iron gloss form DJ?

edit, guess so! lol

SON1C
12-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Is this what you were looking for?

how much does this run? $$