PDA

View Full Version : Who here uses Tide for their microfibers?

Pages : [1] 2

vman
12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
With the free shipping going on im tempted to buy some blackfire mf detergent but I honestly have no complaints with using tide free and clear. Very soiled microfibers come out without any stains left which leads me to wonder how much better are dedicated mf detergents?

Some swear they make the towel softer, but is that just in our heads? I would love to try some mf detergent out but would rather stick to tide free and clear for the price point. To me, if a towel did not scratch/marr the paint before using a dedicated mf detergent then there would be no benefit to having a softer towel.

Am I crazy for over thinking this or is there really a noticeable difference? :dunno:

4ord
12-17-2012, 05:09 PM
I use free&clear and a little splash of griots garage mf and pad cleaner when I wash mine. I've never done it any other way. I'm starting to wonder the same...do those specialized cleaners really make a difference?

ken tuep
12-17-2012, 05:11 PM
I just used bf microfiber wash for the first time, and must say it did much better hands down. I didn't use tide before, but compared to all it was a noticeable difference. They returned them to the grabbing feel across my hands,, which had been gone for a long time.

I thought it was all hype, but glad I bought the half gallon instead of the smaller size. Gallons from here on out.

Buy it, and if you don't notice any difference I'll purchase it from ya!:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

Andr3wilson
12-17-2012, 05:12 PM
Being a male, my knowledge of fabric and doing laundry is very limited and I was just about to purchase MF detergent when I had the same question. So I asked the only person in the world who I would trust with such a complex question like this... My mother.

She said to me it is an expensive gimmick and Arm & Hammer laundry detergent with work much better. I asked if it was gentle on the fibres? She replied that you can was silk with it. She also does not believe the softness will be improved, thats what fabric softeners are for, and she also quickly said don't use fabric softener with MF (took the wind out of my sails, that was the only thing I knew). So I learned a lot from that conversation.

She recommended with wax towels and heavily soiled ones, fill up the sink with water, pour a bunch of detergent in and let them soak for a couple of hours then throw them into the wash.

So my recommendation to would be save your money and stick with Tide. I have done that for a while and never had a problem. For towels that have semi-permanent LSP's in them (such as Exo, usually they get thrown out, but they are great around the house) I use something called Pink Solution Enzyme Cleaner (http://pinksolution.ca), works like a charm.

The_2nd_G
12-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Being a male, my knowledge of fabric and doing laundry is very limited and I was just about to purchase MF detergent when I had the same question. So I asked the only person in the world who I would trust with such a complex question like this... My mother.

She said to me it is an expensive gimmick and Arm & Hammer laundry detergent with work much better. I asked if it was gentle on the fibres? She replied that you can was silk with it. She also does not believe the softness will be improved, thats what fabric softeners are for, and she also quickly said don't use fabric softener with MF (took the wind out of my sails, that was the only thing I knew). So I learned a lot from that conversation.

She recommended with wax towels and heavily soiled ones, fill up the sink with water, pour a bunch of detergent in and let them soak for a couple of hours then throw them into the wash.

So my recommendation to would be save your money and stick with Tide. I have done that for a while and never had a problem. For towels that have semi-permanent LSP's in them (such as Exo, usually they get thrown out, but they are great around the house) I use something called Pink Solution Enzyme Cleaner (http://pinksolution.ca), works like a charm.

+1 but change all references to "mother" to "wife."

OMRebel
12-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Tide user here. I trust Tide to be delicate enough not to destroy my expensive dress clothes yet good enough to get the grime out of my work jeans. I think it can handle a $10 towel.

Things that have sealant residue get hand washed first. I'm a little concerned I'll destroy the washer over time.

ken tuep
12-17-2012, 07:29 PM
With tide does you're microfiber still have that scratchy feel in your hands. I'm guessing its the micro fibers in the cloth grabbing your skin.

I only ask because I lost that feeling with the all detergent, but regained it with the specific wash. And it removed stains that my all, and oxi clean wouldn't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using AG Online

psynx
12-17-2012, 07:32 PM
i personally use CG pad cleaner on my pads and reg detergent on my MF towels. idk i think its Tide not sure, but speaking to mike from meg's said not to use Softener on your MF or pads just reg detergent, no bleach and should be fine

Wors
12-17-2012, 07:37 PM
I strictly used Tide before trying BF MF Wash. The only thing I use now is MF Washes. IMO BF, DP, Pinnacle all do a better job than Tide and leave them softer. I can't tell a difference in cleaning ability between BF, DP, Pinnacle. Buy the one that is cheaper or BOGO. Hope that helps.

GS2011
12-17-2012, 07:57 PM
I used to use Tide until I tried the BF a few months ago. IMHO its does a better job cleaning, (particularly the dirtier towels I use for wheel/wheel barrels) and the towels seem softer and fluffier. Just ordered more with the current "free shipping" deal.

david79z28
12-17-2012, 08:12 PM
I use Tide free and clear.

I pre oak my towels in 1 ounce of Tide to 4 gallons of water. Then wash them in a small amount of Tide.

Works great for me however, I haven't tried any of the MF cleaners.

Circa40
12-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I've used Tide F&C in the past, I am now using Micro-Restore and I can honestly say I cannot tell the difference between the two. When my micro-restore runs out I think i'll switch back to Tide. They both get the job done but Tide is available at Walmart and at a cheaper price.

HellaBroke
12-17-2012, 09:35 PM
The_2nd_G..... Hahahahaha

I use baby safe detergent haha new rugrat in the house so it's what we have on hand.

I just keep the microfibers separate ie drying from polish polish from wax. Wheel from everything else.
I do notice though the drying micro fiber towel drys better after its been saturated and rung out is this weird? Or is this because I use detergent and not dedicated mf cleaner? Serious question

swanicyouth
12-17-2012, 10:09 PM
You can use any detergent and your towels will turn out fine. Or, you can use a MF detergent and your towels will come out softer, fluffier, and most importantly will rinse cleaner. How do I know? Because I've washed towels from the same set and compared them.

The towels washed in Blackfire or DP MF detergent came out better than with All

DP washed towel on the left, All washed towel on the right.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/18/muta9utu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/18/y8e6uza4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/18/5y4usyha.jpg

You have to be able to see the difference. The DP one is just much fluffier. Some people think they are really smart and know better than people that spend long periods of time and energy developing products and bringing them to market. These are probably the same people who swear the $15 wax is the same as the $200 wax, just in a different jar - even though they have only used the $15 wax.

All you have to do is rinse your clothes or towels again after the first wash, and you will see there is soap left in them. You don't need a MF detergent, but I've spent probably close to $300 on nice towels, so I want to care for them the absolute best way I can.

It's kind of like, you don't need to do a 3 step paint correction, for some people am AIO product is fine. It just depends how involved or picky you want to get.

I don't think anyone's car looks better because they buy MF detergent. But, the towels do look and feel slightly nicer, this I know for a fact.

Andr3wilson
12-18-2012, 12:15 AM
You can use any detergent and your towels will turn out fine. Or, you can use a MF detergent and your towels will come out softer, fluffier, and most importantly will rinse cleaner. How do I know? Because I've washed towels from the same set and compared them.

The towels washed in Blackfire or DP MF detergent came out better than with All

DP washed towel on the left, All washed towel on the right.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/18/muta9utu.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/18/y8e6uza4.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/18/5y4usyha.jpg

You have to be able to see the difference. The DP one is just much fluffier. Some people think they are really smart and know better than people that spend long periods of time and energy developing products and bringing them to market. These are probably the same people who swear the $15 wax is the same as the $200 wax, just in a different jar - even though they have only used the $15 wax.

All you have to do is rinse your clothes or towels again after the first wash, and you will see there is soap left in them. You don't need a MF detergent, but I've spent probably close to $300 on nice towels, so I want to care for them the absolute best way I can.

It's kind of like, you don't need to do a 3 step paint correction, for some people am AIO product is fine. It just depends how involved or picky you want to get.

I don't think anyone's car looks better because they buy MF detergent. But, the towels do look and feel slightly nicer, this I know for a fact.

.... You are the man! I think you may have just proved my mother wrong... Thats a first!! :xyxthumbs: