PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone actually tried the Chemical Guys J-97 $999.00 wax?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

oldmodman
12-17-2012, 01:40 AM
I would love to know what an actual users opinion of this wax is.

All my friends think I'm crazy for using Fuzion at it's price. But if I ever got the J-97 they would have me committed!

I've never told them what the Cquartz, OptiCoat 2.0, and Solution Finish cost me.

But what can I say. Some folks blow all their money on wine and women. So I keep my mouth shut.

Bet we never see that on BOGO!

AeroCleanse
12-17-2012, 01:43 AM
No plans to use it, I'm so over wax.

umi000
12-17-2012, 03:08 AM
I haven't used it :D And if I had that money to spend on a wax, I still wouldn't - I'd get some Zymol Glasur (if I didn't already have it), SwissVax Concorso/Best of Show, Dodo Juice Supernatural in that nice wooden pot, and some Auto Finesse Spirit - and still have over $100 in change left.

psynx
12-17-2012, 03:54 AM
I hear ya on the money spending, I have a Co worker that saw my invoice when I bought my flex 3401 m101 and some menzerna. He was like your crazy and stupid for paying that much for something like that. But he's an alcoholic and a person that smokes 3 packs of Marlboro daily. So I bit my tongue on that one.
Back to the topic I've only read peoples reviews and comments about this wax on the cg website, I'm sure it's a biased opinion though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AG Online

hoyt66
12-17-2012, 05:57 AM
I posted about this wax before. Wondering if there was even a difference between $20 wax and 1000 wax. I was fortunate to get my hands on some Zymol Royale and I

know there is a difference there. I recently purchased Migliore Competizione on cyber buster price. The wax was awesome and yielded great results. For a comparison I

did a 50/50 test versus the Royale. While on silver and having no photography experience I couldn't show you the results but I can assure the Royale was so glossy

and clear. There was a distinc difference between the two. $100 is the most I will bend for wax. The extra I spent on Mig Comp was a Christmas present to myself.

UltimateDetail
12-17-2012, 06:06 AM
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5MBeB_duAs]Project J97 Paste Wax - Chemical Guys Luxury Paste Wax AMAZING SHINE CARNAUBA - YouTube[/video]

:dblthumb2:

BobbyG
12-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Nope and really don't intend to.

There are limits to what I'll spend and to be honest I'm not sure if I could discern the difference between this $1000 wax or a $100 wax.....

Remember, 90% of the results are in the finish preparation...

rwright
12-17-2012, 07:14 AM
While this is not CG J-97, this shows Migliore Presidenziale after 1 year. The bike is garage kept, washed, and ridden though I don't know the mileage on the wax.

H D Migliore Presidenziale - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7wbcsC_3ZA&feature=youtu.be)

Keep in mind that the bike was pretty dirty when I started the rinse process.

SON1C
12-17-2012, 12:35 PM
More like who hasn't?
Fuzion is my limit lol :D

TroyScherer
12-17-2012, 12:40 PM
I believe Meghan told me that they have sold 4 in the last few months.

Klasse Act
12-17-2012, 12:57 PM
I've wondered this as well and although people are nice enough to provide vids, this is something you'd have to see inperson, standing right over them to see IF there's a difference.

Fuzion has been mentioned and I bought the 3 oz on Cyber Monday and was looking forward to using it in the spring but a 67 degree presnted itself 2 wks ago and my obsevations were that it (Fuzion) went on VERY easy, not a lot of product is needed and removal after applying it to the entire car and then removing it yeilded NO dust and was VERY easy to remove.....and then there was the finish, it left the appearance of a sealant, glossy and rock hard lookin' on my Storm Silver Metallic CRZ, so I surprised that a nuba could do that.

Its a popular opinion that $100 is their max and I agree with that as well!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

willtothewong
12-17-2012, 01:03 PM
If I had that much money, I'd go for Fuzion + lots of extra misc items =D

Andr3wilson
12-17-2012, 03:17 PM
I have never tried J-97

BUT I have tried Swissvax crystal rock.

My Canadian Supplier where I get my products from was doing a 2012 Lamborghini LP570-4, applying Crystal Rock as the LSP.

I was quite intrigued by this $1500 wax and he offered to let me try it out on the front fender of the Lambo, as a bit of a sales pitch to me. (I apologize for not taking any photos, didn't have my camera)

Crystal rock is really cool because it is applied with your bare hand; heat makes it malleable and causes the molecular structure to bond harder(apparently). Hand application is also easier because you know exactly how thick it is.

Crystal Rock is a WOWO wax, making it easy to wipe off.

Now I must answer the question, what is the difference between a $40 thing of Pete's 53 (my favourite all round wax) and $1500 Crystal Rock. Freshly waxed, not a whole lot that a camera can see. The Crystal Rock really shines, glossier but a lot deeper. You can tell by how the light shifts and reflects, it looks like its straight from the paint booth. Mind you though, a wax like this should only be used after the paint is jeweled, paintwork prep really makes it and breaks it with these wax. I will also mention the durability of this wax. Normal waxes have a life of about 4-6 weeks, Crystal Rock is 4-6 months, and I believe it; you have to spend what feels like 3 hours trying to wash it off your hands.

So my final thoughts on J-97, its got to be pretty darn close to Crystal Rock. Now the question comes, would you buy it? Well, personally, I would never buy it for my cars, I enjoy regular waxing so something trimmed down like the $200-$300 range is the most I would spend. Professionally, well I almost bought it on the spot. The name and reputation would make this an extremely profitable wax! (pay for itself in two applications) Although I did not buy it that moment, when a customer requests it, I will head straight down and buy it.

Hope this answers some questions! :)

Klasse Act
12-19-2012, 05:04 PM
So Andrew, what do you personally use?

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

Dr_Pain
12-19-2012, 05:12 PM
Project J97 Paste Wax - Chemical Guys Luxury Paste Wax AMAZING SHINE CARNAUBA - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5MBeB_duAs)

:dblthumb2:

hmmmmmm that icecream truck music in the background is giving me the urge :)