PDA

View Full Version : Klasse Sealant

DRamsey
12-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Good Morning All,
I have a 2008 Toyota Avalon. I used Klasse All In One followed by Klasse Sealant glaze. The All In One is easy to put on very easy to take off. The Sealant was a ture pain in the butt, it was almost impossible to get off. I finally used a Pinnacle Cleansing Lotion to get it off. I don't don't how long I've had it. I didn't remember it being that hard to work with. Is it possible that it doesn't age well in the bottle?

Setec Astronomy
12-16-2012, 08:51 AM
You have to apply KSG "whisper-thin". If you've stored it in cool temperatures it should last indefinitely. You want to use so little that you see it flash off and disappear, almost like a WOWA. If your response is if you can't see it how can I get even coverage?, you will be able to feel where you've applied it because of the way the applicator will slide, it will be more draggy on the uncoated areas.

Just go really thin and use a lot of overlapping passes. But if you've used PCL that will have left something on the surface that you will have to clean off before you reapply KSG, or use the KAIO again. BTW, I have had terrible trouble getting KAIO off, too, when you use it too thick or particularly if you build it up on panel edges and it dries. (It is, however, generally easier to get off than KSG, all things being equal).

DRamsey
12-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Thank you very much for the relpy. Based on your advice, I used waayyy too much. Good Lord, I made a mess.

Setec Astronomy
12-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Thank you very much for the relpy. Based on your advice, I used waayyy too much. Good Lord, I made a mess.

Yeah, it's like concrete if you put a lot on and try to dry buff it. Water, QD, KAIO, or a paint cleaner like you used all help. The other method that some people use is the WOWO method, Wipe-On, Wipe-Off, which is to wipe it off before it dries. It also can help to put some in a little spray bottle like you can get at Target etc., so you can mist it on the applicator.

Like almost all detailing products, less is more, thin is in, etc.

statusdetailing
12-16-2012, 10:32 AM
I use the wowo method and apply it very thin. Works fine.

jrs1418
12-16-2012, 01:43 PM
Whats funny about Klasse sealant, if you read the bottle directions is says to use 2-4oz per vehicle. HAHAHAHAH!, I've tried.. if you used that much product on the vehicle you'd never get it off.

I apply by DA, and I use a generous amount and continue to work it in until a slight haze is left over.. then I buff it out by hand section by section. When finished, I take a MF lightly soaked with WW and wipe down the car again looking for high spots.

bmwohio
12-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Just applied some last night. Applied with DA very thin as stated, let it dry for about a minute and then wipe off in direction wind blows.

Rsurfer
12-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Just applied some last night. Applied with DA very thin as stated, let it dry for about a minute and then wipe off in direction wind blows.
What if the wind is coming from a different direction?

bmwohio
12-16-2012, 03:53 PM
What if the wind is coming from a different direction?

Wow, you're hilarious

Rsurfer
12-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Wow, you're hilarious

Wouldn't front to back be clearer?

bmwohio
12-16-2012, 05:08 PM
Wouldn't front to back be clearer?

Perhaps, but I think most people know what I'm talking about. Just trying to offer my .02

Rsurfer
12-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Perhaps, but I think most people know what I'm talking about. Just trying to offer my .02
I understood, but just giving you a hard time. :xyxthumbs:

Klasse Act
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
When I first broke away from all M, all the time, Klasse was the first product I used and still have it to this day. I learned that when using KSG you've gotta go VERY thin as stated before and one thing that really helps that is keeping your cotton applicator damp but wrung out, this makes spreading out the product easier........a lot easier! I also use an old 4 oz Griot's spray bottle to dispense the product too and use no more than 1-2 sprays per panel, that's it and the key w/ KSG is applying that 2nd coat 12 hrs later, it looks noticeably better and you get twice the protection too!

IMO this seems to be a forgotten product but has never failed me!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

bmwohio
12-16-2012, 10:02 PM
I understood, but just giving you a hard time. :xyxthumbs:

I know, no worries.....:cheers: