PDA

View Full Version : anyone use lucas oil products?

VISITOR
12-13-2012, 07:05 PM
anyone use either one or both of these products?

http://www.lucasoil.com/images/products/D2166A5F2136DE53DC07722380CBFEBB.gif
Lucas Oil Deep Clean Fuel System Cleaner
Lucas Deep Clean is blended with an exclusive Lucas additive package and specific carrier fluid that contains no diesel fuel, kerosene or anything else that can be harmful or useless to an engine. It also reduces NOx emissions, eliminates the need for higher octane fuel and deep cleans the entire fuel system and combustion chamber.

Key Benefits
● Greatly reduces harmful NOx emissions

● Removes carbon deposits

● Totally eliminates knocking and pinging

● Raises mpg and performance

http://www.lucasoil.com/images/products/39F3A153361FCDF600BF0C00342AFDC2.gif
Lucas Fuel Treatment
Lucas Fuel treatment complies with the federal low sulfur content requirements for use in diesel motor vehicles and nonroad, locomotive and marine diesel equipment engines.

A powerful blend of oils and additives that contain no SOLVENTS. Designed to increase power and fuel mileage and also lower exhaust emissions through a more complete combustion.

Lucas Fuel Treatment is formulated for both gasoline and diesel engines, carbureted or fuel injected. It gives your fuel system what it really needs - a blend of super slick oils and additives with a high detergent action that allows the engine to operate at maximum efficiency. Also, it cleans and lubricates the carburetor and injectors and causes the fuel to burn more thoroughly for increased power and less fuel consumption. Lucas Fuel Treatment should definitely be used in vehicles that require leaded fuel because it actually replaces the benefits of lead in gasoline without causing harmful emissions. Use it to pass smog tests. Finally, it totally neutralizes the harmful effects of low sulfur diesel fuel.

Key Benefits
● A great tune-up in a bottle

● Cleans and lubricates the fuel system

● Neutralizes low sulfur fuel problems

● Increases power and miles per gallon by burning excess exhaust emissions

● Increases the life of pumps and injectors

Chris's FX4
12-13-2012, 07:11 PM
In our cars, no. In our small equipment, yes, but use the big bottle of the Injector Cleaner (Fuel Treatment).

Only Techron Complete or Gumout Complete with Regane for our cars once a year.

Running them hard every now and then helps too.:props:

ScottB
12-13-2012, 07:18 PM
BG-44k ... better choice IMO.

VISITOR
12-13-2012, 07:18 PM
thanks for the reply chris. i just put a bottle of the deep clean fuel system cleaner with a full tank of gas and on my next fill up will add the lucas fuel treatment. from my understanding you use 3 ounces of lucas fuel oil treatment to 10 gallons of unleaded fuel, though adding more will not harm anything (can be used every time you fill up, but not necessary), and the deep clean fuel system cleaner every 3000 miles or so. i just don't know if this stuff works or what to expect. the employees at both AZ and o'reillys recommended their products and said they are above average...

p.s. i'm open to opinions and other better options as well...

Chris's FX4
12-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Unless your car has been poorly maintained and you're constantly running cheap/low quality gas through it, don't expect much of a difference.

We just it in ours for good measure, and like I said usually run it through once a year.

Don't always listen to the people behind the counter either.

VISITOR
12-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Unless your car has been poorly maintained and you're constantly running cheap/low quality gas through it, don't expect much of a difference.

We just it in ours for good measure, and like I said usually run it through once a year.

Don't always listen to the people behind the counter either.

good to know, thanks for the info. so many of those type of products these days (gumout, stp, chevron, etc,)...

t5er
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
the employees at both AZ and o'reillys recommended their products and said they are above average...

They also keep them right by the cash register and are told to push them.

It's my understanding If you really want to clean valves / fuel system you need a product with polyetheramine (PEA) in it. Check the MSDS. As far as I know, BG44K, Redline SL-1, and Chevron Techron Concentrate are the only additives that contain PEA. (Techron is actually the Chevron trade name for PEA)

Also, if your car is direct injection, meaning the fuel is injected directly into the cylinder, then your valves will not benefit at all, since no detergent will pass over them.

cartman57
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
Interesting that both mention it increases MPG, probably not even noticable but it might help clean injectors depending on the quality of gas used.
'Tune-up in a bottle'?
With today's modern engine spark plugs lasting up to 100k miles, what else is there in a tune-up?
If it's needed to be used for passing a smog test(actual sniff test), something else is wrong with the engine or exhaust.

Great marketing, just my $0.02.

AeroCleanse
12-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Used to, now I use Marvel Mystery Oil

DaHen
12-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Marvel Mystery Oil user here as well.

:xyxthumbs:

jslym777
12-13-2012, 09:10 PM
BG or Red Line

swanicyouth
12-13-2012, 09:15 PM
BMW Fuel System Cleaner which appears to made by Chevron is what I use in my BMW every 3k. In my Nissan I use Chevron Fuel System Cleaner.

A few people from the BMW community claim to have had injector problems with Redline, but I'm guessing it was overuse.

jjj
12-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Used both but have switched to seafoam the past 5 years.

Sent from my PC36100 using AG Online