PDA

View Full Version : My video on the Gary Dean Rinseless Wash Method

ihaveacamaro
12-13-2012, 01:19 AM
I made a short video today explaining how to do a rinseless wash technique in the Garry Dean method.

Basically it is a rinseless wash, except you put your MF towels away after washing instead of using it again. Garry Dean usually presoaks with waterless wash, but I don't.

Hope you guys enjoy and hope it helps!

Link to video:

Youtube Video Garry Dean Method (http://tinyurl.com/c545xmd)

Speed-Dude
12-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Nice video as always!

ihaveacamaro
12-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Nice video as always!

Thanks for watching! :xyxthumbs:

ArkayoDeetayo
12-13-2012, 02:56 AM
Another great video in the life of Roshan. Btw awesome / beautiful car!

Btw I noticed you like blue...

blue camaro
blue bucket
blue onr

keep up the awesome work, and great videos!

ihaveacamaro
12-13-2012, 03:09 AM
Another great video in the life of Roshan. Btw awesome / beautiful car!

Btw I noticed you like blue...

blue camaro
blue bucket
blue onr

keep up the awesome work, and great videos!

Haha thanks Mike! :xyxthumbs:

Blue is my favorite color... not to mention my college is University of Florida and we are the orange and BLUE!

If I had a lightsaber, it would be blue too! Did I take it too far? Eh, it happens at 3 in the morning lol

Thanks for watching :)

Dougw4355
12-13-2012, 07:01 AM
Thanks for sharing..and Love that camaro

jjj
12-13-2012, 08:06 AM
Nice video! Sweet ride! I am a presoaker if the car is medium to mid heavy dirt and then I up the mf too.

Sent from my PC36100 using AG Online

GS2011
12-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Great video, and nice Camaro! :dblthumb2:

The_2nd_G
12-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Keep these videos coming!

Setec Astronomy
12-13-2012, 08:54 AM
Yeah, well...the original idea of QEW and ONR was to use a single bucket, returning the wash media to the bucket for rinsing, and I believe that still is the recommended method. Those of us who grew up with two buckets and grit guards can't really stomach that, and use some variant (single bucket with grit guard, two buckets, one pass of the media, etc.), which is some degree of overkill if you talk to Dr. G (I think). Anyway, thanks for sharing another method and making the video!

Klasse Act
12-13-2012, 09:22 AM
......and obviously his favorite music is BLUES, favorite hockey team (a sport that was played on ice if I remember) is the St. Louis BLUES and even though he went to Florida, still cheers for Michigan....GO BLUE!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

ihaveacamaro
12-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Thanks for sharing..and Love that camaro

Thanks! She's my baby!

Nice video! Sweet ride! I am a presoaker if the car is medium to mid heavy dirt and then I up the mf too.

Sent from my PC36100 using AG Online

I thought about why ONR is made, and that is to clean a moderately dirty car. They didn't make the product to be used in conjunction with a waterless wash, so I see no reason as I think it may be overkill. Now on a REALLY dirty car, I might hit it with a pressure washer first, and then go to rinseless. As always, everyone has their own methods that they are secure with. Thanks for watching!!

Great video, and nice Camaro! :dblthumb2:

Keep these videos coming!

No more until next year unfortunately, but I will! I'm actually designing a website to go over a full detail from A to Z, and I will be incorporating all the videos I have made so far. Thanks for watching :dblthumb2:

Yeah, well...the original idea of QEW and ONR was to use a single bucket, returning the wash media to the bucket for rinsing, and I believe that still is the recommended method. Those of us who grew up with two buckets and grit guards can't really stomach that, and use some variant (single bucket with grit guard, two buckets, one pass of the media, etc.), which is some degree of overkill if you talk to Dr. G (I think). Anyway, thanks for sharing another method and making the video!

Interesting, I never knew that actually! Thanks for watching! :props:

......and obviously his favorite music is BLUES, favorite hockey team (a sport that was played on ice if I remember) is the St. Louis BLUES and even though he went to Florida, still cheers for Michigan....GO BLUE!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

you know me! Im the MAN

(except for that michigan part ;))

willtothewong
12-22-2012, 05:56 PM
Hey there!

I just tried the Garry Dean method, here is my set up

2 Gallon with ~1.5oz ONR
10 350 gram 16x16 towels
Pre-soak with QD ratio ONR

My experience was pretty good but I got a quick question:

After I finished the top half of the car, I then move lower half naturally. However, when I reach say behind and under the wheel arch, my towels trap a huge amount of contamination such as sticks, twigs, leaves, etc.

Will I have to remove all these particles before I wash the towels in the wash?

With my "old" method of using a MF mitt, I would simply remove the twigs in my rinse bucket so I wouldn't need to remove them before I wash the mitt itself.

Any input would be appreciated.

Johny B
12-22-2012, 06:10 PM
Nice video as usual.

ihaveacamaro
12-28-2012, 10:46 PM
Hey there!

I just tried the Garry Dean method, here is my set up

2 Gallon with ~1.5oz ONR
10 350 gram 16x16 towels
Pre-soak with QD ratio ONR

My experience was pretty good but I got a quick question:

After I finished the top half of the car, I then move lower half naturally. However, when I reach say behind and under the wheel arch, my towels trap a huge amount of contamination such as sticks, twigs, leaves, etc.

Will I have to remove all these particles before I wash the towels in the wash?

With my "old" method of using a MF mitt, I would simply remove the twigs in my rinse bucket so I wouldn't need to remove them before I wash the mitt itself.

Any input would be appreciated.

By wheel arch do you mean like the wheel fender wells that are generally covered by some black plastic? I think that's what you're talking about and if that's the case, then I wouldn't use ONR on that. I always clean my wheels, tires, and fender wells with an all purpose cleaner like optimum power clean and some brushes like the mothers three brush set and then rinse with a garden hose. That should take any brushes, twigs, and dirt out of that area. After that, I would start the ONR. I still wouldn't use MF towels back there though.

Hope this helps!

Nice video as usual.

Thanks Johny :) did you get that MTM hydro?