PDA

View Full Version : Full paint detail w/ PC

Shayne
05-23-2006, 11:40 AM
I am going to do my white Stang with the PC 7424 next week after a holiday road trip. I got the PC from autogeek in a kit and have used it on my DD from step one, but not on the Stang (weekend/rec vert). My question is am I doing the steps correctly? And any advice? I have all Mirror Glaze products from autogeek. I clayed the car in Feb. this year, then did all my steps below. Here are my steps.
1-wash (gold class shampoo/conditioner)
2-clay
3-meguiars paint cleaner (#2 or deep crystal applied w/ PC taken off by hand)
4-meguiars (#7 or machine glaze applied & removed as above)
5-meguiars (poly sealant or nxt gen sealant apllied/removed as above)
6-meguiars #26 yellow wax after sealant has cured (next day or next wash)
I have plenty of these products so I need to use what I have. After reading on this forum, I am going to try other products as these run out.
Also, I really like this site. Thanks for all the helpful info. Sorry for long post.

ScottB
05-23-2006, 06:01 PM
good process and good products. I would highly suggest moving Meg DACP (#81) into the 3 spot personally. An all time favorite paint cleaner and polish in one bottle, very easy to use. Also consider Crystal Mist or Clearkote Quikshine over the #26 after each wash weekly to amp up the surface. Megs Final Detail would work also.

FloridaNative
05-23-2006, 09:17 PM
I would apply that #7 by hand instead of by PC. Meguiar's says that it is meant to be applied by hand and I have read on another forum many people complaining about #7 gumming up on them when applied with the PC. I've always applied it by hand and never had any problems with gumminess. Just my 2 cents. :D

Shayne
05-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks guys. I will give both of these tips a shot. I use Meg. Final Inspection for quick detailing. Didn't know it existed until I browsed autogeek. Thanks again.