PDA

View Full Version : Brush for pet hair

Pages : [1] 2

cleanmycorolla
12-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Anyone have any advice or products to suggest? I have a dog and cat, who love to treat the back of the car like a playground on the way to the vet and park....i've been using lint rollers and pet lint rollers, but sometimes it takes multiple attemtps to get only 75% of their hair out, any advice from other pet owning detailers????

cartman57
12-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Give duct tape a try, I've used it on fabric seats in the past, worked well removing Golden Retriever hair.

Gurge
12-12-2012, 02:58 PM
I use the 'furzoff'. just need to be careful on sensitive fabrics

wearing rubber gloves you can lift it as well by hand. just work it into a pile while you're vacuuming

Mike Phillips
12-12-2012, 03:01 PM
That or strips of wide painter's tape or masking tape wrapped reversed around your four fingers...

I've cleaned lint and loose boars hairs off convertible tops using painter's tape like this...

:)

Chris's FX4
12-12-2012, 03:04 PM
Tape works for me.

KillaCam
12-12-2012, 03:06 PM
You ever try one of these?

Rubber Pet Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/rubber-pet-brush.html)

I bought one recently but haven't tried it out.

VR8
12-12-2012, 04:14 PM
You ever try one of these?

Rubber Pet Brush (http://www.autogeek.net/rubber-pet-brush.html)

I bought one recently but haven't tried it out.

I use this rubber pet brush, works great.

I also receive a pet hair "stone" from one of my suppliers. He was giving them out to try, no brand associated with it yet. Works just as well as the rubber brush but you must be careful not to hit plastic panels with the stone, it WILL SCRATCH the surface. Here's a video of a similar product (randon Youtube seach).

Pet Hair Removal Stone: See It Work - YouTube (http://youtu.be/IrR1QVtu0nw)

TonyK
12-12-2012, 04:55 PM
I have used an emery stone and it worked fantastic. I stopped at walgreens and found one in the beauty aisle that has all rounded edges so no edge can grab and tear. Just use the stone and sweep one direction and vacuum it up.

vegas911gts
12-13-2012, 04:37 AM
I use this rubber pet brush, works great.

I also receive a pet hair "stone" from one of my suppliers. He was giving them out to try, no brand associated with it yet. Works just as well as the rubber brush but you must be careful not to hit plastic panels with the stone, it WILL SCRATCH the surface. Here's a video of a similar product (randon Youtube seach).

Pet Hair Removal Stone: See It Work - YouTube (http://youtu.be/IrR1QVtu0nw)

I also use this whenever I take the dog out in the car. I think I got it at the 99 cents store too. My gf refuses to put the dog in the car unless he's in his crate, but I don't care. He likes riding in my car and if there's a cute girl in the next lane I roll the window down so we can check her out together. He's quite a ladies man unlike me.

UltimateDetail
12-13-2012, 04:50 AM
Anyone have any advice or products to suggest? I have a dog and cat, who love to treat the back of the car like a playground on the way to the vet and park....i've been using lint rollers and pet lint rollers, but sometimes it takes multiple attemtps to get only 75% of their hair out, any advice from other pet owning detailers????

Aahhh I do the same thing with the lint rollers.. by the time i'm done, i've used a whole roller on the seats. Those corolla seats are magnets aren't they!?

Fishincricket
12-13-2012, 10:08 AM
I also use this whenever I take the dog out in the car. I think I got it at the 99 cents store too. My gf refuses to put the dog in the car unless he's in his crate, but I don't care. He likes riding in my car and if there's a cute girl in the next lane I roll the window down so we can check her out together. He's quite a ladies man unlike me.

And you wonder why the GF insists on crating him?!? lol

Don Porter
12-13-2012, 11:29 AM
I've used Fuzz-off with great success. As posted earlier though, use a little caution around delicate areas. For those areas, use tape.

cleanmycorolla
12-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Give duct tape a try, I've used it on fabric seats in the past, worked well removing Golden Retriever hair.

That or strips of wide painter's tape or masking tape wrapped reversed around your four fingers...

I've cleaned lint and loose boars hairs off convertible tops using painter's tape like this...

:)

Thans guys, I had some extra packing tape so I gave it a whirl and it worked really well, can't believe I never thought of that. That helped remove a lot of hair, but as noted in the post below, for some reason my Corolla seats are cloth magnets for just about anything, I am considering that new CarPro fabric coating to help maybe not allow everything to penetrate so much.

Tape works for me.

Thanks I gave that a try, ^^

Too funny....we used a crate when he was a puppy, but now that he's 3 years old, he's pretty chill.....he loves to "talk" to other people in cars as we drive by in his past life he was a mayor or something, he's friendly...

Aahhh I do the same thing with the lint rollers.. by the time i'm done, i've used a whole roller on the seats. Those corolla seats are magnets aren't they!?

Yes they are, and the attract everything, and it all sticks, it is crazy. I'm assuming you feel my stress based on your comment, hahaha

VISITOR
12-13-2012, 08:29 PM
i was at oreilly's today and noticed they had the carrand pet hair & lint brush, IIRC it was $2.99. it may be worth a try...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MLx68u1ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Josh_RN
12-13-2012, 08:49 PM
i was at oreilly's today and noticed they had the carrand pet hair & lint brush, IIRC it was $2.99. it may be worth a try...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MLx68u1ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Please post a review, I have textured cloth seats in my truck and like the pup to ride w/ me. Thanks