PDA

View Full Version : Detailer needed in Queens, NY area

rddmxmeth10
12-12-2012, 11:19 AM
I work for an insurance company and one of my insured's recently had her car repaired after it was keyed. The body shop, to me, did a pretty good job in the repairs of the vehicle. Unfortunately, this person is very particular with her car. There were some spots that maybe were not taped off completely and has left some paint on the tail lights, grill and behind the door handles. The paint on the tail lights and grill is very small, but she is looking to have it all corrected. The car is a white 2011 Nissan Maxima. There is a scratch on the trunk, about the length of a credit card that most likely would need to be sanded and polished out. The paint appears to be in pretty good shape, not many swirls or defects.

So, I am looking for someone that would be willing to take on this task. I am putting a disclaimer out there first, this woman is very VERY picky with her car so we need someone who does very good work (which everyone on here does :props:). So, if anyone knows of anyone in the Queens, Nassau or Suffolk area willing to take on this task, please let me know. Thanks!

rider9195
12-12-2012, 11:24 AM
If I remember correctly Andrew "Big A" is located in the city. I would shoot him a PM.

Setec Astronomy
12-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I think he's looking for someone on the island--jpegs ought to know that place out there.

rddmxmeth10
12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
If I remember correctly Andrew "Big A" is located in the city. I would shoot him a PM.

I remember seeing some of his work. I sent him a PM. Thanks for that!

I think he's looking for someone on the island--jpegs ought to know that place out there.

She doesn't care if the detailer is in Queens, Nassau, or Suffolk. Just wants someone to take care of her problems.

Flash Gordon
12-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Big A (Andrew) is your man for this job IMO

Flash Gordon
12-12-2012, 11:46 AM
What part of NY is rider9195 (Ryan) in? He would be a good choice too IMO

rddmxmeth10
12-12-2012, 11:46 AM
Big A (Andrew) is your man for this job IMO

Just called him and left a message. Hopefully he gets back to me.

rddmxmeth10
12-12-2012, 11:48 AM
What part of NY is rider9195 (Ryan) in? He would be a good choice too IMO

He's much further up north..

Flash Gordon
12-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Just called him and left a message. Hopefully he gets back to me.

He will do you proud! :props:

Maybe now you can help me/us? How do we get our feet in the door so we can bid on jobs for insurance companies (flood,fire overspray damage etc)

rddmxmeth10
12-12-2012, 12:07 PM
He will do you proud! :props:

Maybe now you can help me/us? How do we get our feet in the door so we can bid on jobs for insurance companies (flood,fire overspray damage etc)

Honestly, when a car is damaged during a flood like Superstorm Sandy, the car is usually deemed totalled. At which point, the insurance company pays out the value of the car based on current market value for the vehicle. When a car is damaged by an accident, usually people just take it a local body shop that they know and have it fixed. In this case, the insured was recommended to this particular body shop, and wasn't happy. If your talking about restorations after fire, floods and things of that nature, it is up to an insured to choose whoever they want to perform the restorations. We can not tell someone to use company "a"; it's just like when you have a car accident, the officer can not tell you which towing company to use. If you did decide to get into this type of business, the best thing to do would be to have business cards made up, some note pads and magnets, and hand them out to the local insurance offices. It gets your name out there. I hope this helps!

Flash Gordon
12-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Honestly, when a car is damaged during a flood like Superstorm Sandy, the car is usually deemed totalled. At which point, the insurance company pays out the value of the car based on current market value for the vehicle. When a car is damaged by an accident, usually people just take it a local body shop that they know and have it fixed. In this case, the insured was recommended to this particular body shop, and wasn't happy. If your talking about restorations after fire, floods and things of that nature, it is up to an insured to choose whoever they want to perform the restorations. We can not tell someone to use company "a"; it's just like when you have a car accident, the officer can not tell you which towing company to use. If you did decide to get into this type of business, the best thing to do would be to have business cards made up, some note pads and magnets, and hand them out to the local insurance offices. It gets your name out there. I hope this helps!

Okay, good! Thanks for the info

Several years ago a friend of mine's auto repair business caught fire. There were 8-9 cars inside at the time that suffered smoke damage. His adjuster ended up sending the cars to me (from his referal)

I could'n't believe the amount of money the insurance compny paid me.....they would'n't even let me give them an estimate, they just started spitting out checks based on the value of the cars. I made of small fortune! :)

A-train
12-12-2012, 12:38 PM
It would be nice if that would happen about once a month! Did you invest wisely in lottery tickets !?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

rddmxmeth10
12-12-2012, 01:35 PM
Okay, good! Thanks for the info

Several years ago a friend of mine's auto repair business caught fire. There were 8-9 cars inside at the time that suffered smoke damage. His adjuster ended up sending the cars to me (from his referal)

I could'n't believe the amount of money the insurance compny paid me.....they would'n't even let me give them an estimate, they just started spitting out checks based on the value of the cars. I made of small fortune! :)

Sounds like what most insurance companies do. Smoke restoration is not really that common of a loss, unless the vehicle is in the garage and the house catches fire. But at that point, the vehicle may be damaged as well.

Some of our local vendors for glass repair usually come in once every two months and give us their cards and memo pads; this week they are coming in with cupcakes from a local bakery. One company gave us New York Knicks tickets, one gave us Yankee tickets. It's all just to refer them more business.

On another note..

Anyone else know of any other detailers in the area, Andrew hasn't contacted me back and the insured really would like to get in touch with someone today or tomorrow to get an estimate on the price and when it can be done.