PDA

View Full Version : Waterless Car Wash

Radarryan
12-12-2012, 03:51 AM
Here's another (yes, I know, another) question regarding waterless car washes. Okay, here I go. I'm sure you've heard it all before but please bear with me. I was planning on using Optimium No Rinse as a rinseless car wash and using Ultima Waterless Car Wash Plus as my waterless. Now I am reading that I could possibly use Last Touch undiluted as a waterless car wash. What should I use? Also, in what situations would it be ideal to use a quick detailer over a waterless car wash? Where would that "fine line" be when there is too much accumulated grime and dirt that a more traditional approach would be necessary?

My exotic cars are garage babies and rarely get out, however even with the garage covers (which I too often forget to put on), there is dust that has accumulated. If I haven't done anything to the cars in a week, should I pull out the quick detailer (maybe Last Touch or something more traditional) or should I grab the UWCW+? Should I bag all the traditional quick detailers and just go with the waterless car wash to quickly dust the car?

I know this can get kind of repetitive, but I need a little guidance on what everyone thinks would be the best thing to do. Everyone's favorites would also be appreciated. I am always looking to try new stuff! So basically should I make my own QD solution with the waterless/rinseless car wash, go for the waterless car wash and bag the detailer, or go with a traditional quick detailer? Okay, well I think I have officially confused myself along with everyone else out there! Thanks for everyone's help! I look forward to hearing the responses!

PPLd
12-12-2012, 06:39 AM
The first thing I would do is throw away the garage covers.

Ultima Waterless Wash and Pinnacle Liquid Crystal are the best waterless washes. There is no need to buy a Quick Detailer for cleaning anymore, but you can still use a real good one for shine when the car is clean.

addysdaddy
12-12-2012, 07:10 AM
The first thing I would do is throw away the garage covers.

Ultima Waterless Wash and Pinnacle Liquid Crystal are the best waterless washes. There is no need to buy a Quick Detailer for cleaning anymore, but you can still use a real good one for shine when the car is clean.

Total agree :props: Personally I'm partial to the Pinnacle WW w/carnauba but both products are great. Gave up using ONR and detail sprays altogether.

Setec Astronomy
12-12-2012, 07:46 AM
As PPLd noted, contemporary rinseless washes have made cleaning with QD's obsolete. (can still use QD's for "non-dirty" times, clean up after wash, gloss enhancement, etc.)

Hard to beat the UWW+ concentrate mixed at <$4/gallon, even if you use distilled water you're under $5 gallon and I don't know of any QD that comes in at that price, diluted or not.

jjj
12-12-2012, 08:07 AM
I will have to say I have become a huge fan of the pinnacle waterless. 1 oz pinnacle 32 oz water dang good ratio. It's on bogo. Great deal. Works well when used with rinseless.

ihaveacamaro
12-12-2012, 08:36 AM
I have reviews up of both pinnacle waterless wash and ultima! Both are great :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC-qiaRqyRE]Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash Review - YouTube[/video]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cL1GvN_fwME]Review: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate - YouTube[/video]

07gtcs
12-12-2012, 10:29 AM
When my car gets dusty like that, I actually prefer to do a rinseless wash. BF is my favorite there. If not to bad, then I will do a waterless wash, more lubrication than a QD. If its daily maintenance or clean up after I have it out for the day or a drive, I use a QD with Carnauba.

vegas911gts
12-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Drive your cars please. All of the sports cars I have owned got driven a lot. I also have track membership and go there at least every other week. Why have such nice cars if you aren't going to use them.

Radarryan
12-14-2012, 12:57 AM
Drive your cars please. All of the sports cars I have owned got driven a lot. I also have track membership and go there at least every other week. Why have such nice cars if you aren't going to use them.

:iagree:
Can't agree with you more! I am picking up my new 911 (991) C2 Cabriolet on Saturday :)

I would have gotten it sooner but since it is going to the track I had to get a clear bra put on the front clip. Saturday at 5:00!

silverfox
12-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Sports cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed as much as possible. Frankly I enjoy being behind the wheel much more than behind a polisher.

willtothewong
12-14-2012, 11:47 AM
Sports cars are meant to be driven and enjoyed as much as possible. Frankly I enjoy being behind the wheel much more than behind a polisher.

You got that right!