PDA

View Full Version : autosmart products

StephenK
12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
The body shop i am working at is possibly gonna start using this line so i was wondering if anyone has used anything from this line and what did you think of it?

PiPUK
12-12-2012, 08:20 AM
Is this autosmart as in autosmart UK? I personally think that AS products are more valeter products and they are the sort of thing that will be used for cleaning big rigs. They work well and are cheap but they are frequently needlessly aggressive for detailing and notably more hazardous than many detailing grade products.

StephenK
12-12-2012, 08:35 AM
Yes that is the same AS i am talking about

PiPUK
12-12-2012, 09:20 AM
They are fine but make sure you know the hazards... for instance their popular wheel cleaner is non-acid but is very caustic and will be totally unsuitable for some wheel types. Their all purpose cleaner is again caustic based and it can stain sensitive trims and plastics if used incorrectly.

If you are taking it on professionally, make sure you also know the prices to expect. It does well in the UK in large part due to being cheap. By the time it gets to the US and goes through a distributor you may well find that it is not that much different in price to some of your detailer grade products.

porta
12-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Autosmart is, as said above, company similar to Autobrite, Carbrite, Automagic, ie a company that is focused on large scale valeting. Nice products but not better then any products that can be found in the states for less money.

StephenK
12-12-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the replies.