PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Newb with New Miata

andy99
04-28-2007, 07:10 AM
Feed back please I just bought a beautiful new Dark Green Miata with a Tan Cloth top. I also have very little free time. Any recommendations on what to do to protect my paint and make it look great? How about the top. There are so many products here it's a bit mind boggling. Help!!!

ScottB
04-28-2007, 07:44 AM
Wash ---- CLay --- Polish --- Protect

look at kits for best value, Pinnacle Sig Series II looks awesome on that metallic sparkle. For roof, look to Ragtopp its rated number one for a reason. Little messy, but a years worth of protection and super cool little beads in rain.

WELCOME !!

Reddwarf
04-28-2007, 09:21 AM
Welcome to the forum! Congrtulations on the Miata. I love those cars, they are so fun to drive.

As Killr says "Wash, Clay, Polish, and Protect". There are a lot of kits on Autogeek.net that offer a really good value. Start simple and as you gain experience you can expand your products. DP & Poorboy's offer great value for excellent products. Wolfgang and Pinnacle are a step up.

At a minimum, get some microfibers, a guzzler, some good car wash soap, and a sealant and/or wax, and a quick detailer spray. As I said, you can expand from there.

Good luck and post some pictures of that Miata!

Nica
04-28-2007, 09:25 AM
First of all welcome to AutoGeek...I agree with both of the guys above packages are the best deal for your buck.

Would it be possible for you to post pictures of the new car.