PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Opti-Seal Review

sparkie
04-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Tried OS on my tail gate and black plastic. Black plastic has DG#271 on it. Driver side has #105 X2 passenger side also has #105 X2 about a week ago. Applied OS on the passenger side and black plastic too. The pic was taking 6 hours after applying OS. Real easy to use.
I primed it with 2 light spray on the yellow applicator that came with the product.

When applying OS I used a circle motion. And I didn’t see any streaking.

Walk away.

6 hours later took pics.

I can’t tell any differences. Driver’s side and passenger have the same slickness. Also I can’t tell between the two sides in wetness, deepness or reflection. Maybe yal can?
I like the product and it’s real easy to use. It will cut your time down.
DG #105 X2.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/OS002.jpg
DG#105 X2 and OS!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/OS003.jpg
The tailgate!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m139/sparkymm6/OS001.jpg

ScottB
04-27-2007, 09:28 PM
I was told that priming the pad is not even necessary and could add to streaking. Glad to see you didnt see any. I cannot wait to wash both tomorrow and see how both/either held up. ZCS versus OOS.

joe.p
04-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Sparkie ,Nice write up !!!!!

Sparkies the Man Im the MAN

RallyMSP
04-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Can't tell the difference either from the pics...

Looks like I'll still hold out on getting it lol. Too much I havent used up yet.
I guess the upside is that its faster to use than AJT and probably less streaky and user friendly.

Damn, I think I just convinced myself to buy it now...
I hate myself sometimes lol

ScottB
04-28-2007, 06:42 AM
Can't tell the difference either from the pics...

Looks like I'll still hold out on getting it lol. Too much I havent used up yet.
I guess the upside is that its faster to use than AJT and probably less streaky and user friendly.

Damn, I think I just convinced myself to buy it now...
I hate myself sometimes lol

Trigger is another finicky product, where less is usually a lot more.

Nuke33
04-28-2007, 07:15 AM
It looks good in the pic i would love to try someout

Meghan
04-28-2007, 07:29 AM
Thanks for the review Sparkie!

Mike T
04-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Looks great. I'm glad your were pleased with it.

Is it just me, or does the left side look a little muted compared to the right side?

dengood1
04-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Looks great. I'm glad your were pleased with it.

Is it just me, or does the left side look a little muted compared to the right side?

I don't think it's muted, it's the sun in the reflection. On the left side is shade in the reflection, where the right side is a reflection of the driveway(or concrete) in the sun.

Mike T
04-28-2007, 11:08 AM
Thats what I kinda thought after posting, Doh!

Waxmax
04-28-2007, 11:40 AM
Sparkie, Nice Review. Yes, pics often do not show subtle differences...lighting, angles, resolution.....both sides looked great.

I prime the foam pad with a squirt and then use a 1/2 squirt per panel, working it in with circular motions. Tried it over WMF and AJ.....no streaking. My 2nd coat made the paint a little wetter. Slickness is very good too, particularly after a cure time.

As compared to ZCS, IMO, OS seems slicker and produces a slightly deeper gloss (if that makes any sense). I give the edge to OS.