PDA

View Full Version : will AG refund the difference if item goes on sale?

Pages : [1] 2

goodasnew
12-09-2012, 10:28 PM
anybody know if AG will adjust a price for something that I bought on here 2 weeks ago and now its part of the 12 days of christmas sale. i havent even opened the box yet and now its $30 cheaper. think they will refund the difference without having to send it back or should I buy the cheaper one and send back the other?

Chris's FX4
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM
When in doubt, give Meghan, Nick, or anyone at Autogeek a shout.

rider9195
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Probably not. If you bought it the day before, maybe. But it won't hurt to give them a call.

Darvetis
12-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Highly doubt they will refund the difference, and would be really surprised if what you are considering doing would work. Let it go and move on, which applies to some of your other recent posts as well.

goodasnew
12-09-2012, 10:33 PM
what do you mean it wouldnt work? i can buy the item right now then send the other one back. how would that not work? most stores would do that . pleasing a customer is always a good idea. makes me want to shop here again and again.

Bigbull2984
12-09-2012, 10:52 PM
what do you mean it wouldnt work? i can buy the item right now then send the other one back. how would that not work?

you could but you would be paying shipping back to them. Whats the item?

goodasnew
12-09-2012, 10:59 PM
its the griots 6 inch DA. yeah wouldnt really be saving much if I had to pay to ship it back. would really only make sense if they would just refund a bit to match the current price ro maybe we can meet in the middle. its really a customer satisfaction thing. not gonna be upset if they dont but its worth asking. will certainly make me want to give them future business you know.

swanicyouth
12-09-2012, 11:00 PM
anybody know if AG will adjust a price for something that I bought on here 2 weeks ago and now its part of the 12 days of christmas sale. i havent even opened the box yet and now its $30 cheaper. think they will refund the difference without having to send it back or should I buy the cheaper one and send back the other?

And maybe if something you bought then was on BOGO, ask them to send you another bottle while you are at it.

Sorry, but that's being really cheap.

goodasnew
12-09-2012, 11:03 PM
thanks for your opinion. noted. i am really cheap. wont lie. but that BOGO is not the same example. stores do this all the time. you buy something, next week it goes on sale, you bring in your receipt and they give you the difference without even having to see the item. again, its just about customer service (customer is always right in my book and at my business).

Colinpd137
12-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Don't feel bad, i'm a cheap ass as well. But not when it comes to car detailing stuff :)

Johny B
12-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Probably not. If you bought it the day before, maybe. But it won't hurt to give them a call.

I think so too. It's the game.

Dougw4355
12-09-2012, 11:14 PM
I think so too. It's the game.

+1

Bigbull2984
12-09-2012, 11:21 PM
The only time I have seen a online retailer price match is when the items in transit. But 2 weeks, probably not. The deal you bought, was it the one with 2 backing plates and like 5 pads or something.

kimtyson
12-10-2012, 11:29 PM
AG doesn't have a 30-day price guarantee. And I don't understand why you keep referring to "other stores" and comparing them to an on-line retailer. It’s apples and oranges.
My suggestion is that you only buy from AG when an item is a deal. Then you won't have buyer’s remorse when it goes on sale, or bogo, or whatever. One of the great things about AG is that they are constantly running a promotion to entice us to buy. It works for them and it works for us. (Or at least most of us.)

psynx
12-11-2012, 01:31 AM
just curious to see what AG end up doing or saying bout your situation