PDA

View Full Version : How are Menzerna SIP and SF-4000?

ihaveacamaro
12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
They are on sale right now and I have no experience with them. If you have had experience with them, how are they and how do they stack against the competition? They seem a bit dated, but it is Menzerna...

Nick McKees37
12-09-2012, 06:45 PM
They seem a bit dated,

Not at all! :work:

SIP is a versatile medium/heavy-cut polish that can be used on virtually any paint system. It removes up to 2000 grit sanding marks on fresh paint and finishes exceptionally well for the amount of cut it provides. It has a long working time and can be used with a rotary or dual action polisher. It dusts very little and wipes off with ease.

Super Finish, as the name implies, provides a super finish. It offers a very long working time and like SIP, it can be used on virtually any paint system. It is a very fine (pun intended) finishing polish that maximizes gloss before applying your LSP. While technically it is considered a finishing polish, it still has enough bite to remove light swirls and clay-induced marring - even on ceramic clear coats.

These two products are very popular as a two-step system. Rotary or dual action polisher - SIP & SF will make the paint perfect. :dblthumb2:

rider9195
12-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Super Finish, or SF-4000 works amazing. I used it on my fathers Victory Red C6 and the results were great. I used my Porter Cable 7424 XP with a black Lake Country pad on speed 5. It has plenty of working time and left a crystal clear finish. I used some M105 on a OPT Microfiber Compounding pad to level some deeper defects and the Super Finish removed the light haze that was left behind.

I would highly recommend this product!

Danube
12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
How SF4000 compares with M205?

Rsurfer
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
How SF4000 compares with M205?
SF4000 finishes down better than 205 especially on darker paints.

ihaveacamaro
12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Not at all! :work:

SIP is a versatile medium/heavy-cut polish that can be used on virtually any paint system. It removes up to 2000 grit sanding marks on fresh paint and finishes exceptionally well for the amount of cut it provides. It has a long working time and can be used with a rotary or dual action polisher. It dusts very little and wipes off with ease.

Super Finish, as the name implies, provides a super finish. It offers a very long working time and like SIP, it can be used on virtually any paint system. It is a very fine (pun intended) finishing polish that maximizes gloss before applying your LSP. While technically it is considered a finishing polish, it still has enough bite to remove light swirls and clay-induced marring - even on ceramic clear coats.

These two products are very popular as a two-step system. Rotary or dual action polisher - SIP & SF will make the paint perfect. :dblthumb2:

When I said they are a bit dated, I meant that they are DAT polishes when all the rage nowadays is SMAT.

I think I am going to pick them up! Have that GC to use anyways lol

Nick McKees37
12-09-2012, 08:36 PM
When I said they are a bit dated, I meant that they are DAT polishes when all the rage nowadays is SMAT.

I think I am going to pick them up! Have that GC to use anyways lol

DAT doesn't equal dated; it's just a different approach.

You won't see DAT-based polishes disappearing any time soon. :dblthumb2:

Stock up on these two while you can - those prices are tough to beat! Im the MAN

J.L.Auto
12-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm also looking at purchasing these two items on the 12 day sale... But, I was wondering what Nicks opinion is on SF-4000 VS SF-4500 ... Looking to use on an 01 Vette..
Thnx- Joel

Nick McKees37
12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Not to hijack the thread, but I'm also looking at purchasing these two items on the 12 day sale... But, I was wondering what Nicks opinion is on SF-4000 VS SF-4500 ... Looking to use on an 01 Vette..
Thnx- Joel

Joel,

Corvettes typically have very hard clear coats and in order to remove any imperfections (swirls, water spots, etc) you'll need something with a little more cut than SF-4500 ---- SF-4000 is perfect for light swirl marks. :dblthumb2:

ShineTimeDetail
12-09-2012, 10:08 PM
I like sip because of the cut along with how nice it finishes. I also like 4000 because it has some cut but also finishes excellent! I used 4000 on a white pad the other day on a black Benz- Aftermarket paint job and it took the swirls our and left the paint very glossy! I did the same clients Lincoln navi same deal with a white pad and it took a decent amount of the swirls out. These cars both had soft paint though..

Rsurfer
12-09-2012, 11:07 PM
Thnx- Joel

SF4000 and SF4500 is the same polish..SF4000 has more of the same abrasives.

psnt1ol
12-10-2012, 12:02 AM
SF4000 finishes down better than 205 especially on darker paints.

+1

SIP and SF4000 are favorites of mine. Come to think of it, I have a hard time remembering the last time I used 205 since I added SF4000 to my collection. I used this combination on my personal vehicle ( the infamous Jet Black BMW paint) and I am quite satisfy with it.

Qusai
12-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Super finish is the most versatile finishing polish I've ever used in my life! Removes scratches, haze, holograms on black paint and has highest gloss level.

ihaveacamaro
12-10-2012, 12:36 PM
Super finish is the most versatile finishing polish I've ever used in my life! Removes scratches, haze, holograms on black paint and has highest gloss level.

Nice! Glad I just got some :)

J.L.Auto
12-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Nice! Glad I just got some :)

Me too! Thanks everyone for your input.