PDA

View Full Version : POLK AUDIO RTi A9 - any opinions

Danube
12-09-2012, 05:45 PM
I am considering buying a pair of these speakers for my 2 channel stereo amp however Polk is not well known in Australia, so I thought you guys from US may provide some opinion or feedback if you have them, or have any experience with this particular model.

I have Harman Kardon and Onkyo 2 channel amps (2x200 WRMS @8ohm) to pair the speakers with.

Many thanks,

:xyxthumbs:

/

vman
12-09-2012, 11:26 PM
I have slight experience with audio but only as an enthusiast and for headphones rather than speakers.

Have you heard of head-fi.org? Theyre a great community dedicated to all things sound. Check them out if you havent before, tons of info and people that are willing to help on there.

psnt1ol
12-09-2012, 11:53 PM
I was heavily involved in car audio competition (Sound Offs) in my younger days. I had Polk audio speakers (components) in my competition vehicle. Back in those day, the brand was considered to be a boutique brand.

Speakers are very subjective. what appeals to one might not be the case for another. when choosing speakers, make sure you listen to them extensively but in intervals prior to purchase. Never listen to them for more than 15 minutes per session because your brain will adjust. Play the genre of music that you don't normally listen to or don't like to determine the (sound) dynamics. You will be much more subjective this way.

I could go on and on how a set of speakers should sound. The basic function of the speakers is to reproduce sounds but what looks good on a graph doesn't necessary sounds good. Generally, a system that generates a flat response on a spectrum analyzer will sounds dull. always trust your ears.

Good Luck.

habeba86
12-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Anything Polk makes is solid imo. Im running an all Polk set-up in my H/T and am very happy with them.

DavidJ021
12-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Not the best brand, but if that's your price your range, i'm sure you'll be satisfied.

RhetoricMixes
12-10-2012, 09:32 PM
I run the rti a7's and those things rock! Solid sound and great clarity. Certainly one of the best speakers I've ever had.