PDA

View Full Version : polish pal

jjj
12-09-2012, 12:17 PM
I was looking at this lil tool. has anyone used it and if so can you give me some insight on how well it worked or didn't. Also how is the durability?

Thanks

Crazy Diamond
12-09-2012, 12:22 PM
I prefer by hand better only because it allows you to get better coverage around corners and tight places better, it is built very good but myself doing it by hand allows you to fell the car and the paint much better. Shine on

hoyt66
12-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I prefer by hand better only because it allows you to get better coverage around corners and tight places better, it is built very good but myself doing it by hand allows you to fell the car and the paint much better. Shine on

I agree. I bought it and like it but quit using it for all the above. Plus I don't have to clean the pads:xyxthumbs:

jjj
12-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. I really like hand waxing I was making sure I wasn't missing anything.

Chris's FX4
12-09-2012, 12:41 PM
I like it, although like others I don't really use it that much anymore.

I find it really useful though for polishing plastic bumpers that are too intricate for a DA, but not too intricate to require hand polishing. It mostly gets used for applying sealants to my Waverunner now.

Paul Mitchell
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I use mine mainly with the clay disc. You never have to worry about the clay falling out of your hand onto the floor.

swanicyouth
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I've waxed just using a 3" pad holding a backing plate and found you cal lay down a lot of wax fast. It's a lot faster than the little yellow circles.

For me, machine waxing is a disaster because I have a narrow 1 car garage with like 8 inches of wall clearance on each side. Everything starts falling all over the place. I usually hand wax in the bay at the local car wash.

I just can't see waxing with bare hands, so the Polishing Pal seems pretty quick if you have to work by hand.

No to mention, for the price you are getting 4x3.5" nice pads you can use with a DA and a 3" BP. Win/win.

Bunky
12-09-2012, 05:48 PM
When I work by hand, I like it especially for paint cleaners.

FUNX650
12-09-2012, 05:49 PM
-I just use a: Custom fitted "U-handle"...I've fashioned from some excess industrial-strength Velcro/hook&loop...
-That I then affix/mate to a 3" or 4" finishing/waxing Velcro/hook&loop-Pad...

:)

Bob

Johny B
12-09-2012, 06:18 PM

+1

swanicyouth
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
-I just use a: Custom fitted "U-handle"...I've fashioned from some excess industrial-strength Velcro/hook&loop...
-That I then affix/mate to a 3" or 4" finishing/waxing Velcro/hook&loop-Pad...

:)

Bob

Picture please.