PDA

View Full Version : How to wash Meg's microfiber pads?

david11g35
12-09-2012, 12:02 AM
I bought 4 Meg's microfiber cutting disc at my local Walmart. I only used them 3 times I washed them in the washing machine and after the last time they separated from the back. I emailed Meg's and sent them pictures and they sent me replacements. I don't want to make the same mistake. How do you guys wash your Meg's mf pads? Previous times I used cg pad cleaner or mf wash from cg.

BTLew81
12-09-2012, 12:16 AM
Rinse in hot water, then some dawn, rinse well and in the dryer on low for about 40 minutes. No issues

KillaCam
12-09-2012, 12:19 AM
You bought some at walmart? I wish my local walmart carried them, I want to try some out.

david11g35
12-09-2012, 12:21 AM
You bought some at walmart? I wish my local walmart carried them, I want to try some out.

Yes they are one of the Walmart that carries the professional line. Meg's da, m105,m205 and Meg's mf system

AutowerxDetailing
12-09-2012, 12:25 AM
If you wash them immediately after use (product is still wet in the fibers) they will come completely clean with just hot water. This is assuming you are using D300 or D301. Other compounds/polishes may require soap and a little agitation to come completely clean. They should not separate like that in the wash, they are supposed to be machine washable.

david11g35
12-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.

Bump any more advice?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

AutowerxDetailing
12-09-2012, 12:53 PM
If they dry out with product on them (which happens to me on mobile jobs) I soak them in soapy water face down. They float so the backing doesn't get wet. After about 30 mins I spray them with the sink sprayer and that usually releases everything. Then I spin them dry on the rotary and fluff them up with compressed air. I have a special rack in the garage to let them dry completely before I put them away.

Even though they are machine washable (and I have tossed them in the wash before) I try to do everything I can to make them last as long as possible.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online

david11g35
12-09-2012, 12:55 PM
If they dry out with product on them (which happens to me on mobile jobs) I soak them in soapy water face down. They float so the backing doesn't get wet. After about 30 mins I spray them with the sink sprayer and that usually releases everything. Then I spin them dry on the rotary and fluff them up with compressed air. I have a special rack in the garage to let them dry completely before I put them away.

Even though they are machine washable (and I have tossed them in the wash before) I try to do everything I can to make them last as long as possible.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using AG Online

Thanks. This sounds like the be best way to go

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

tuscarora dave
12-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I have never washed them. After use, they simply go back in the pad cabinet as is. Next time I use them they get brushed with a pad cleaning brush and blown off with compressed air and they're good to go.

netoje
12-09-2012, 02:13 PM
I've had great results with warm water, Dawn, and a toothbrush. Even a pad with D300 left dirty for two weeks came out great.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2