PDA

View Full Version : Shmitt glue is coming off

Pages : [1] 2 3

drdellorama
04-27-2007, 04:34 PM
i just got my White/yellow Shmitt a week ago and started using it last weekend,
the glue part that hold the yellow and the white part is kinda coming off, is that normal??

ltoman
04-27-2007, 04:37 PM
No, it is not normal. Did you dry it in the dryer on hot? Mine is fine and it even has accidentally gone through the dryer on low!! You might want to call Meghan - she will make it right if it is defective.
Lauren
Good luck!

drdellorama
04-27-2007, 04:39 PM
I only used it once, and hung it till it dries, by putting a fishing line through that small holes.

ltoman
04-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I can't see the photos from this computer, but no, it should definitely not be coming apart. I would call AG customer service. I have heard a few people here and there with this complaint about the shmitts before. Generally they- shmitts- tend to be excellent. Call - AG will ALWAYS make it right. A good one will last forever!!

alban61
04-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Did it start to split a little when you put your hand in the Shmitt? It did that for a few of us guys here. The ones with big hands! :D
I forget who (sorry), but someone mentioned to me about just holding the Shmitt like a sponge, instead of putting your hand in it, like a mitt. And that has worked great for me. No more splitting Shmitt! And have yet to drop it either!

drdellorama
04-27-2007, 04:49 PM
i don't have a picture yet, cause i'm at work now, i'll post a picture when i get home.

my hands are average in size i guess, so i don' tthink that's a problem.

i'll give meghan a pm about this.

orngez
04-27-2007, 04:51 PM
it has hapened on a lot of schmitts...just part of the design really...

sparkie
04-27-2007, 06:29 PM
I use the heck out of mine. Never had that problem. Contact Edge, I'm sure they will replace it.

greg'sgoat
04-27-2007, 06:32 PM
It happened to me to, on the 3rd use, it just fell apart. I never put my hand in it or put in the dryer. Aaron sent me a new one and it has been fine for a few months. Email Aaron and he will send you a new one.

drdellorama
04-27-2007, 06:34 PM
i sent a PM to The Edge earlier. No response yet.

justin_murphy
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
I too, have never had any problems. I have noticed more lately though. I must say that my EDGE products are over 3-4 months old. I wonder if there's been a change with the glue process or just the glue..........

The thing is, I wash all of my pads and ShMitts on warm and on the toughest wash cycle. I never dry them in the dryer though.

Meghan
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
... Generally they tend to be excellent. Call - they will make it right. A good one will last forever!!
Generally???? Lauren you know us better than that, we do not have generally good customer service, we have great customer service.;) All kidding aside I already PM'ed him, if Aaron at Edge does not replace it, we will. Cause we are generally good like that!:awesome:
Sorry Lauren I could not resist! :p ;)

drdellorama
04-27-2007, 07:10 PM
I too, have never had any problems. I have noticed more lately though. I must say that my EDGE products are over 3-4 months old. I wonder if there's been a change with the glue process or just the glue..........

The thing is, I wash all of my pads and ShMitts on warm and on the toughest wash cycle. I never dry them in the dryer though.

i used them only once, and i hosed it down after i'm done washing, and hung it till it dries.

Autogeek has the best customer service ever!

David Fermani
04-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Maybe Aaron changed to a water based glue? :D

ltoman
04-28-2007, 12:18 AM
Generally???? Lauren you know us better than that, we do not have generally good customer service, we have great customer service.;) All kidding aside I already PM'ed him, if Aaron at Edge does not replace it, we will. Cause we are generally good like that!:awesome:
Sorry Lauren I could not resist! :p ;)

Oh no, Meghan! This is an email misunderstanding! You consistently have excellent customer serice.
I was referring to the shmitts - generally there are few complaints and mostly compliments posted about them. THAT is what my comment meant!!!

I am sorry - I did not mean to sound offensive! Guess it came across totally differently than I had meant it.

make better sense now, I hope???"
Lauren:o