PDA

View Full Version : My detailing plan with pc - some questions

MacAddict
04-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Hello from the UK

I now have the following kit, mostly from AG, and this is my first PCing attempt:

-PC
- LC CCS Pads (6.5 & 4 inch) Orange,White,Black,Blue
- Poor Boy's SSR 2.5 & SSR1
- Megs #7 glaze
- Duragloss 652,601,111,105
- ClearKote Moose carnauba wax

I plan to clay the car then start polishing, starting with the white pads and the SSR1 although I am not expecting much on BMW paint. The paint is in good condition but obviously has swirls on it. The SSr2.5 and LC white polishing pad could be a good combo. When I am done polishing I would like to do the following in this order:

- glaze with Megs #7 (Black Pad)
- use the durgaloss bonding agent 601 (by hand and not buff)
- Duragloss sealant 111 (blue Pad)
- Duragloss sealant 105 (blue Pad)
- A week later do ClearKote Moose carnauba wax (blue Pad)

I think the Duragloss bonding agent 601 will strip the #7. So I think i will put this after the sealant., then top up with wax. Is this a correct assumption ?

My glass , particularly the windscreen, is not at its best. I would like to PC this, should I use the SSR2.5 or a duragloss paint cleaner 652 on this ?. What about headlights ?

I also have chip stones on my bonnet. I don't want to tackle these now. Can I polish over them normally ? or should I tape them up ?

Any feedback is much appreciated.

sparkie
04-27-2007, 02:47 PM
Hello from the UK

I now have the following kit, mostly from AG, and this is my first PCing attempt:

-PC
- LC CCS Pads (6.5 & 4 inch) Orange,White,Black,Blue
- Poor Boy's SSR 2.5 & SSR1
- Megs #7 glaze
- Duragloss 652,601,111,105
- ClearKote Moose carnauba wax

I plan to clay the car then start polishing, starting with the white pads and the SSR1 although I am not expecting much on BMW paint. The paint is in good condition but obviously has swirls on it. The SSr2.5 and LC white polishing pad could be a good combo. When I am done polishing I would like to do the following in this order:

- glaze with Megs #7 (Black Pad)
- use the durgaloss bonding agent 601 (by hand and not buff)
- Duragloss sealant 111 (blue Pad)
- Duragloss sealant 105 (blue Pad)
- A week later do ClearKote Moose carnauba wax (blue Pad)

I think the Duragloss bonding agent 601 will strip the #7. So I think i will put this after the sealant., then top up with wax. Is this a correct assumption ?

My glass , particularly the windscreen, is not at its best. I would like to PC this, should I use the SSR2.5 or a duragloss paint cleaner 652 on this ?. What about headlights ?

I also have chip stones on my bonnet. I don't want to tackle these now. Can I polish over them normally ? or should I tape them up ?

Any feedback is much appreciated.
Welcome to AGOL. First you can't use glaze before a sealant. (Meg#7 then #111 or #105, It will not work)

IMO this will work out better for you.
Polish with Poor Boy's SSR 2.5 & SSR1 (SSR1 if needed)
#101-If you use 101 no need for #601. Also you can work #101 in like you do SSR2.5 or 1. Or WOWO. Whatever you like.
LSP#105 or #111.
There is no need to do #111 and then #105. #111 is their older and #105 is their newest product.
Here a little tip, when using DG polish mist the pad with DG#951.

MacAddict
04-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Hey sparki. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah the 105 replaced the 111 but there are a few detailers in the UK who sware by the 111 topped up wtih 105 giving good results - so I thought its worth a go. My thought on the glaze was that it must be best on fresh paint instead of ontop of sealant/wax, but I will do the #7 on top of the 111/105 combo then top with the carnauba.

I dont have the DG 101 or 951. I am not sure waht WOWO means :o. What do you think I should use on glass and headlights given the stuff I have ?.

sparkie
04-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey sparki. Thanks for the feedback. Yeah the 105 replaced the 111 but there are a few detailers in the UK who sware by the 111 topped up wtih 105 giving good results - so I thought its worth a go. My thought on the glaze was that it must be best on fresh paint instead of ontop of sealant/wax, but I will do the #7 on top of the 111/105 combo then top with the carnauba.

I dont have the DG 101 or 951. I am not sure waht WOWO means :o. What do you think I should use on glass and headlights given the stuff I have ?.
Thanks on the info #111 and then 105, need to try that!
WOWO Wipe on, wipe off.
The link will help!

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/detailing-forum/5706-product-abbreviation-chart-acronyms.html